Message from Comm2A to people applying/renewing post 1/1/15

Because when the 14th amendment freed the slaves, legislatures didn't do anything to frustrate efforts at equal rights...

Comm2A doesn't do legislation, so don't expect Comm2A to be doing anything like that in the future either. GOAL does that and it will take BOTH in order to continue to fix this problem.

A big yup yup.

I recently sent a letter to the Wey PD asking for the restrictions to be lifted. I received my LTC just over a year ago with the usual Target and Hunting restrictions. A month later I received a letter from the PD informing me my new license, without restrictions was ready to be picked up. Got it the other day. I've heard they are doing this a lot now because of the suit against the town. Worthwhile to give it a try. Worked for me.

what did you put in your letter. I need to do the same.

Well it didn't fall on deaf ears. Certified mail showed it delivered this past Friday. A Sgt friend of mine from a different PD got a call from Boston PD either that day or the following day asking about my letter for reconsidering my restrictions.
Got a letter in the mail today that they regrettably have to inform me that my request is denied because I could not show that I have the proper purpose to possess said license. My reasoning was (and still is) concrete.

"You have the right to appeal this decision to the District Court with appropriate jurisdiction. Please contact us at anytime if you have questions concerning this matter."

I can't wait to move out of this city, a birth place and the death place of freedom.

Comm2A - any interest in my matter? I'm not sure if I'm interested in pursuing legal action because of my nature of work and relationship with my work - but I wouldn't mind having the conversation about options.

ETA: This really took the air out of my sails. At first, my reaction was anger, being very annoyed that even after 4 years and having the right people vouch for me - that I'm still being denied my right for no reason. And now I'm just sad. I want to just forget it, walk away and call it a day. It's really unbelievable..

Last edited:
Well it didn't fall on deaf ears. Certified mail showed it delivered this past Friday. A Sgt friend of mine from a different PD got a call from Boston PD either that day or the following day asking about my letter for reconsidering my restrictions.
Got a letter in the mail today that they regrettably have to inform me that my request is denied because I could not show that I have the proper purpose to possess said license. My reasoning was (and still is) concrete.

"You have the right to appeal this decision to the District Court with appropriate jurisdiction. Please contact us at anytime if you have questions concerning this matter."

I can't wait to move out of this city, a birth place and the death place of freedom.

Comm2A - any interest in my matter? I'm not sure if I'm interested in pursuing legal action because of my nature of work and relationship with my work - but I wouldn't mind having the conversation about options.

ETA: This really took the air out of my sails. At first, my reaction was anger, being very annoyed that even after 4 years and having the right people vouch for me - that I'm still being denied my right for no reason. And now I'm just sad. I want to just forget it, walk away and call it a day. It's really unbelievable..

How is this any different than before the new law aside from it being in writing? Is this really a legit reason for denial? Are these their actual words?
'my request is denied because I could not show that I have the proper purpose to possess said license.'
I guess, like you, I don't get it...

How is this any different than before the new law aside from it being in writing? Is this really a legit reason for denial? Are these their actual words?
'my request is denied because I could not show that I have the proper purpose to possess said license.'
I guess, like you, I don't get it...

It's not any different than before. At least there's some verbiage saying I can appeal it. I just thought having two MA Police officers vouching for me, and having my LTC A for 4 years in Boston would mean something. Not to mention my other, rare and extreme circumstances in my life. But hey, the possibility of my daily life being more likely to cross paths with someone who wants to hurt me isn't justification. I can't go into the details of the letter I sent - unless it's with a lawyer under a confidentiality agreement.

bpd_rejection.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
You're luckier than me - I had to wait nearly two months and reach out several times before learning that my request was denied. Comm2a - I'd like to get in touch soon, if only to add a +1 to the list of disgruntled Boston residents.

Boston NES bar crawl to drown our tears of anger at this unjust system? [rofl]

The best way to contact Comm2A is by sending the request via Email to [email protected] not by posting here.

That letter looks ripe for a legal challenge as it does not fit within the new "suitability" part of the law for restriction as I recall it.

Good luck.

Why do you think having LEO friends especially non BPD LEO friends are going to help you? Donate large to Mayor Walsh's campaign or have an uncle on the city counsel or live facing Louisburg Square and maybe you have a chance.

You are one naive dude, then all this secret squirrel shit about your job and how you don't want legal action etc. You almost sound like a special snowflake.

Now I'm not trying to be the pissy old man that I am, but I hope this is a major wake up call for you and your peers that live in Beantown. Comm2A is doing a helluva job but this legal stuff takes time. For the time being NOTHING HAS CHANGED, you are lower than whale shit in the eyes of the BPD.

Simple solution: move out of Boston, move to a green town. Get the Boston License canceled and get the new town to issue you an unrestricted one, or better yet move to a free state. Voila, problem solved !

Not having "Proper Purpose" must be the new catch phrase for red towns, this was the exact wording when my wife was denied the lifting of restrictions in North Reading last Fall.

It's not any different than before. At least there's some verbiage saying I can appeal it. I just thought having two MA Police officers vouching for me, and having my LTC A for 4 years in Boston would mean something. Not to mention my other, rare and extreme circumstances in my life. But hey, the possibility of my daily life being more likely to cross paths with someone who wants to hurt me isn't justification. I can't go into the details of the letter I sent - unless it's with a lawyer under a confidentiality agreement.

View attachment 129301

attachment.php

Proper purpose? "Because you're useless in the case of a real emergency, that's my goddam proper purpose a-hole"

Any questions? [wink]

A-holes like LC Johnny Dog-nuts deserve NOTHING less than being fired, plain and simple.

....Boston NES bar crawl to drown our tears of anger at this unjust system? [rofl]
This is really a good question. I've long wanted to have an informal Comm2A/NES night at Doyles (or Foleys if you must). Anybody interested in that???????

The best way to contact Comm2A is by sending the request via Email to [email protected] not by posting here.

That letter looks ripe for a legal challenge as it does not fit within the new "suitability" part of the law for restriction as I recall it.

Good luck.
Actually, this link is better: Get Help. That makes it much easier for us to sort through all the intake and focus on our priorities: 1) possible litigants & 2) people we can help by steering them in the right direction. The more specific, detailed, and complete (and truthful) information people give us, the better we're able to triage.

If you don't hear back from us within a few days it's only because we don't see you as a possible plaintiff for a front burner case are we don't have a quick answer for your question or problem. I try to 'clear out the queue' a couple time a month depending upon how busy the day job is.

Why do you think having LEO friends especially non BPD LEO friends are going to help you? Donate large to Mayor Walsh's campaign or have an uncle on the city counsel or live facing Louisburg Square and maybe you have a chance.
I always tell people that LEO friends are a double edged sword. Police departments are very political. The lieutenant you know as a Mason brother or whatever could have 20 years of bad blood with the lieutenant that's the licensing officer. This especially doesn't matter in Boston. They don't tend to play favorites. If you satisfy them you get unrestricted, if you don't fit in the 'box', you don't.

Just to confuse things, I had a recent student who, for reasons I don't understand got an unrestricted LTC in Boston. I've trained a lot of her co-workers who are all similarly situated and none of them got unrestricted LTCs.

This is really a good question. I've long wanted to have an informal Comm2A/NES night at Doyles (or Foleys if you must). Anybody interested in that???????
As long as it's near public transit, I'm in! I'd love to meet some like-minded Bostonians.

Just to confuse things, I had a recent student who, for reasons I don't understand got an unrestricted LTC in Boston. I've trained a lot of her co-workers who are all similarly situated and none of them got unrestricted LTCs.

Showed more than average cleavage? [wink]

Semi-serious. I once worked for a couple of bosses and we were training a new very attractive supervisor. She knew how to use what she had to get her way and would sit in on shift meetings (in a skirt) with her legs up on the desk, went away with both of them (the bosses were Military buddies) camping for the weekend, came back bragging that she "had" both of them! There were rumors that a certain State Rep (years ago) also used her "femininity" to get her way on Bacon Hill.

I once heard it said that "I carry not because of the probability that I will need to defend myself; I carry because of how high the stakes are if I need to defend myself."

Defending my life is THE ONLY Proper purpose necessary and I don't need to prove it to anyone.

Last edited:

When did you send the letter? My daughter applied for her LTC Jan. 6 and sent a certified letter later that day. It was received Jan. 12, the same day she took her range test. Now 51 days later, we have still not heard anything.

View attachment 129301

attachment.php

So I'm assuming the reason in writing the now must provide is "you could not show the proper purpose..." That's what they are going for? I'm looking forward to these going to court.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom