Menino on gun control. Report on 10 states sell HALF the crime guns in the country...

Forty-nine percent of those guns were sold in Georgia, Florida, Virginia, Texas, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, California or Arizona.

Yes, so clearly California really needs to crack down on their lax gun laws and gun show loop hole. Wait? Whats that? You mean they already closed the "gun show loop hole" and have one gun a month and everything else?

They massage the data to target certain states they think are problems and intentionally leave their states off the list. The less cerebral would think they are credible because their states are not on the list. So, the ignorant think there is a problem and work to change the laws in those states. For example, CA is about to stop truck shipments of ammo, but facing resistance. This bogus analysis gives and argument to to further choke the gun and ammo supply. CA is after all on the list, so there must be a problem there, right? More gun control is needed according to their analysis. They have a personal problem with every one of those mostly red, free states on that list. Those states interfere with their Utopian vision.

What ever happened to logical thinking? It seems like all gun control has a hidden agenda due to there clear neglect of the REAL issue here.. It even says it in the article 145,000 weapons of which 43,000 where sold in said 10 states.... ok..... is it me or is everyone else wondering what about the other 102,000 they don't talk about where did those come from?

I imagine most of the full-auto's where military issue of some sort, I don't know where you can buy full-auto's off the shelf but then again I don't live in any of the 10 states named. That being said what military is importing weapons on the streets here? Or could it be Russian catch piles left over from the crumbling of the Soviet Union? Could it be our own bad soldiers selling them to these gangs or other bad guys and reporting them lost? I don't know but it sure seems like there yelling loudly about the 43,000 and screaming more gun control yet, the 102,000 of those weapons is completely omitted by the "experts" and the article...

Yes, so clearly California really needs to crack down on their lax gun laws and gun show loop hole. Wait? Whats that? You mean they already closed the "gun show loop hole" and have one gun a month and everything else?

Yup. Doesn't work.

On another note, someone very estutely pointed out in one of the many other dupes of this thread that the states they listed are also 10 of the largest and most highly populated states. Which is kind of like saying that the most car thieves come from New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles and trying to draw some car theft conclusion from that data.

Last edited:
Yup. Doesn't work.

On another note, someone very estutely pointed out in one of the many other dupes of this thread that the states they listed are also 10 of the largest and most highly populated states. Which is kind of like saying that the most car thieves come from New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles and trying to draw some car theft conclusion from that data.

Good point. If they target the most populous states and succeed, they hit a greater percentage of the overall US population. If they succeed, it will be easier to impose the laws on the remaining minority.

Back
Top Bottom