Memorial Day

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1590423097293.png

Is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. PERIOD.

And I for one am both thankful and grateful for their sacrifice for this great nation. May they rest in peace, and may they never be forgotten.

God Bless.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
WE SHALL KEEP THE FAITH...

Oh! you who sleep in Flanders Fields,
Sleep sweet – to rise anew!
We caught the torch you threw
And holding high, we keep the Faith
With All who died.

We cherish, too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led;
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies,
But lends a lustre to the red
Of the flower that blooms above the dead
In Flanders Fields.

And now the Torch and Poppy Red
We wear in honor of our dead.
Fear not that ye have died for naught;
We'll teach the lesson that ye wrought
In Flanders Fields.

By Moina Michael,1918

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a group text with a bunch of guys I'm in a fantasy football league with. Most of them are libs, I'm really the only vocal person with right wing ideologies in the group. Occasionally some debates will break out that end up as me versus like 4 people at a time. I don't mind it I enjoy the challenge.

I just told those America hating libs today to start a new group chat without me. I'm all for differing view points, but I'm gonna choose to not associate with people who are this selfish.....

That being said.... I hope everyone here takes some time to remember the sacrifices of our fallen heroes, who we owe our standard of living to. Let's all take some time to appreciate the real heroes of this country.

Attachments

1919FAN

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Memorial Day is not a day of sadness it's a day of rememberence to all those courageous men and women that gave their lives for our freedoms and the best way to Honor them is to live our lives to the fullest while enjoying those freedoms .

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Made the rounds today with the Legion and VFW to the cemeteries in my town where veterans have been laid to rest and to the memorials for the fallen.
Participated in the detail that laid the wreaths, fired the three gun volleys, and carried the flags.

Memorial day 2020.jpg

Specifically remembering Marines of 3rd Bn 6th Marines killed in Al Qa'im during Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005-2006.
Cpl. John R. Stalvey
LCpl Ryan J. Sorensen
LCpl Daniel F. Swaim
LCpl Steven L. Phillips (non hostile)
Cpl. Rusty L. Washam
LCpl Matthew R. Barnes

Other men I knew who were KIA in OIF.
Capt Todd Seibert
Capt Phillip Dykeman

Semper fidelis!

Last edited:

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 359889

Is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. PERIOD.

And I for one am both thankful and grateful for their sacrifice for this great nation. May they rest in peace, and may they never be forgotten.

God Bless.
Thank you for the very appropriate edit.

Top Bottom