• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Memorial Day

Solemn Day.
Blessings to their families who sent them off to war never to embrace again.
No deeper thanks can I give, than to those who gave all.

Don't just thank a vet today -- thank them every day.

This, and thank them twice on Veteran's day.

That said today is not about thanking Veterans. Today is specifically for remembering and thanking those that served AND gave their lives while serving.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

So thank Vets and active duty everyday you enjoy your freedom.

Today say a special thanks and remember those who paid with their lives to assure those freedoms.

well said...every time I see a soldier I thank them... today is a day of remembrance and thats what i am thinking about...thanks to all the soldiers on NES as well.

Thanks for the reminder. My uncle died in WW II. I wasn't born then so never I knew him. I will go to his grave today and say a prayer of thanks.

Memorial day isn't about thanking a veteran. It's about those who were not lucky enough to make it home.

Solemn Day.
Blessings to their families who sent them off to war never to embrace again.
No deeper thanks can I give, than to those who gave all.

This and also for the friends and family lost. To those who died not only in combat but targeted just for being an American and having American ideals. From The twin towers, the embassy in Benghazi, Nairobi, and everywhere in between over the ages.

I remember.

I'm ashamed to say that my town, Marshfield, had to limit the parade today to under 30 minutes because someone complained that they had to wait in traffic too long last Memorial Day. That said, we still had a great turnout - we remember.

Go thank a Veteran today, and visit those who have already gone. Don't let their sacrifice go unappreciated.

I understand it's not Veterans Day, doesn't mean you can't thank them anyways.

Yep. My stepson is a Coastie. While he was at work Saturday a neighbor cam over and mowed and weedwhacked his yard. Told his wife that it was in thanks for his service, and so that they could enjoy their weekend. Awesome.

In Flanders Fields: Lt Col John McCrae

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Thank you guys. Wish were here today at the memorial ceremony with the rest of the guys. You are missed and remembered everyday.
PFC William Morrison
PFC Gerald Dorr
SSGT. William Smith
SGT. Robert Lapham Hill 881 North. Always remembered
Hospitalman / Medal Of Honor Recipient 1968 Wayne Carron

Back
Top Bottom