• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Memorial Day Kindness

I just got off the phone with my 91 year old dad who is still sharp as a tack. WW2 vet that was at Normandy landing then went to the Pacific. He is starting to show his age... He has gout so his foot is in padded foot thing. He has been bleeding from nose so they have a tampon thing up his nose...You get the picture. Anyway he was grocery shopping today with my 91 year old mother while at checkout a middle age guy looks him over and asked if he was a veteran. When he said he was the guy picked up my dad's bill. WOW! Still some nice people out there.

I just got off the phone with my 91 year old dad who is still sharp as a tack. WW2 vet that was at Normandy landing then went to the Pacific. He is starting to show his age... He has gout so his foot is in padded foot thing. He has been bleeding from nose so they have a tampon thing up his nose...You get the picture. Anyway he was grocery shopping today with my 91 year old mother while at checkout a middle age guy looks him over and asked if he was a veteran. When he said he was the guy picked up my dad's bill. WOW! Still some nice people out there.

Great story!

I'm batting 1000 at my local pub. I am familiar with almost all of the vets that frequent that place. I've bought the first beer for everyone I have seen there this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom