membership question

I'm sure this is an annoying question id like to become a member and I don't have a PayPal I have no issue with mailing in a money order just wanted to confirm that the process, price, and address listed on here I assume it is ut don't want to send out a money order to no where

thanks for your time

Mailing a check/MO goes to a PO Box that Admin rents. Last I knew, he was traveling a lot on business, so sometimes he didn't get to the USPO for a week or more (that happened to me, that's why I'm mentioning it). So Mail it and be patient.
thanks didn't want to mail it out then get all paranoid

I'm sure this is an annoying question id like to become a member and I don't have a PayPal I have no issue with mailing in a money order just wanted to confirm that the process, price, and address listed on here I assume it is ut don't want to send out a money order to no where

thanks for your time
Not a single good point in there anywhere....

Keep it simple. Just put a twenty and a five in an envelope along with your info and send it in. Jack.
That is not simple. It requires using stamps which almost no one under the age of 48 owns, it requires envelopes, writing an address, using a check, Admin has to cash the check ...

Electronic is simple.

+1 to OP for not using PayPal.

That is not simple. It requires using stamps which almost no one under the age of 48 owns, it requires envelopes, writing an address, using a check, Admin has to cash the check ...

Electronic is simple.

+1 to OP for not using PayPal.
So mail in a $100 bill one time and you're good for four years. Jack.

in all seriousness id much rather that is that an actual option
Well usps doesn’t recommend it, but as long as your cash doesn’t get stolen in the mail, it works. Jack is somewhat old fashioned....

I no longer have PayPal.
Turns out you do...
I didn't know there were the same company
since 2012. This was even mentioned (IIRC) in the "EVERYBODY QUIT PAYPAL!!!1!" threads.

People from across the political spectrum have been finding reasons to hate PP forever. Then they tell people to get on the new hotness - that either already belongs to PayPal or gets bought by them shortly. And before we all shift to zelle - they're owned by Bank of America, Truist, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, U.S. Bank, and Wells Fargo; there's no escape.

Sorry to disappoint, but if we want to live in the future, and make easy business transactions electronically, our money will pass through the hands of people we disagree with. The only alternative is to accept some pretty significant discomforts. (The risk associated with putting cash in an envelope despite the protestations of USPS is an example of just one such discomfort.)

Well usps doesn’t recommend it, but as long as your cash doesn’t get stolen in the mail, it works. Jack is somewhat old fashioned....
Thanks a lot. Ever since I've run out of Green Stamps I use cash whenever I can. I've saved a lot over the years by asking for cash discount, senior discount or vet discount. I love the feel of cash and the smell of boots. Jack.

Last edited:
Turns out you do...

since 2012. This was even mentioned (IIRC) in the "EVERYBODY QUIT PAYPAL!!!1!" threads.

People from across the political spectrum have been finding reasons to hate PP forever. Then they tell people to get on the new hotness - that either already belongs to PayPal or gets bought by them shortly. And before we all shift to zelle - they're owned by Bank of America, Truist, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, U.S. Bank, and Wells Fargo; there's no escape.

Sorry to disappoint, but if we want to live in the future, and make easy business transactions electronically, our money will pass through the hands of people we disagree with. The only alternative is to accept some pretty significant discomforts. (The risk associated with putting cash in an envelope despite the protestations of USPS is an example of just one such discomfort.)
Cash is king

thanks for your time
I believe you can also use a credit card

Keep it simple. Just put a twenty and a five in an envelope along with your info and send it in. Jack.

In before the " I think the mailman stole my envelope full of money the bank teller never gave me" thread :)

The ironic thing is that in the time it took you to type that, you could have instantly sent $25 anywhere in the world to anybody. Simpler? I think not!

That is what I did then I don’t have to remember every year.

You get a reminder pop up when membership is about to expire.

The anxiety of wondering if the USPS lost your envelope stuffed with money and you have no recourse to recoup it sounds complicated and unnecessary.

Or maybe I just have a different idea about what simple means :)

So mail in a $100 bill one time and you're good for four years. Jack.
You are correct the if he’s not gonna do it electronically he might as well pay for more than one year. It’s really a small price to pay for the knowledge and shear entertainment value.

Last edited:
If it's safe enough for ballots it should be safe enough for cash. Right?
tenor.gif

PayPal is anti-1A and anti-2A so I have no idea why this site uses it to process it's membership payments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom