Melrose Fish and Game

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Would y'all describe this club as, "even if you're a guest, just move the party to MRA" kind of place, or a "it's not really a shooting club, but it's fine if you're going for a visit, to shoot."?

Any idea what the range restrictions are for ammo/caliber?

Do they have an air handling system that actually cleans the air? I'd guess, "no", based on "social club, not shooting club", but maybe I'll be surprised.

My instinct is to just tell the host, "hey, thanks! But let's go to MRA"

I'm a little lost on this thread. Melrose Fish and Game is a Drinking Social Club. Not considered a gun club. So, it remains...if you want to shoot? Go elsewhere. If you want to drink heavily, the night before the Thansgiving day football game, have at it! You won't be alone....for sure.

I'm a little lost on this thread. Melrose Fish and Game is a Drinking Social Club. Not considered a gun club. So, it remains...if you want to shoot? Go elsewhere. If you want to drink heavily, the night before the Thansgiving day football game, have at it! You won't be alone....for sure.

But what if I want to drink AND shoot? And what sorts of fish and / or game are on the menu?

Jason....Some of us old time MVGC members remember the wall clock ( with bullet holes) , the Pre-Camera days ( when alcohol and Shenanigans were more prevalent), the seperate card room, and the Soda machines ( with bullet holes). Me thinks Shooting and Drinking did occur back then. LOL

It's a nice club. Very well kept. Call the number listed for the club and leave a message someone will call you back. I'm not a member but I've been in there quite a few times.

They do have a very active social membership, but there is a small group of dedicated shooters. I may join because I live in Saugus and to support the local club and maybe help revitalize the shooting there.

Tom

Anyone have an update of what this place offers? Just discovered it after a round of golf and wondering if it’s a shooting range etc…

Back
Top Bottom