Meghan McCain takes Maddow to the NRA Convention.

Oh, well now it makes sense: The NRA wants to keep high-cap mags because two people on the board manufactures them. Oh, and Jared Loughner would have only had 10 rounds to kill people with if it wasn't for the NRA.

"The NRA decides what our gun laws are"
I seem to recall the constitution doing that. Yup, pretty sure it was close to the top of the list things [to not make laws about] too, like 2nd.

They spend a while talking about how the NRA is so absolutist, worrying about slippery slopes and "give an inch take a mile". And that this absolutism is stopping progress on 'reasonable gun regulation'. They don't seem to get that gun restrictions aren't a new thing we are just now trying to block. They have been taking inches for years and have gotten pretty close to a mile. However, with recent SCOTUS court rulings, we've taken back a few inches.

Really, stop listening to these idiots... Don't give them a venue...

If it makes your blood boil, let it die right there... Just like a lunatic on the street saying "Repent, the end is near."

That Maddow guy is pretty weird looking.
People who hate guns, often do so because they don't feel themselves mentally stable and/or intelligent enough to be trusted with such power and presume that everyone else is equally incapable.

In short, they are self identified creepy people...

That Maddow guy is pretty weird looking.

That's Harry Potter, you dumb ass! [smile]

Meghan McCain, OTOH...

Sometimes lust outweighs political differences/beliefs... she has those birthing hips.

meghanmccain.jpg

389px-Meghan_McCain_2011_Shankbone.jpg

Madcow looks like Eigon Spangler, eeewwwww. Nice belt buckle the ditch witch is wearing, bet it has a Lord of the Rings qoute on it, like, " This way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it, this way is shut. "

You guys are braver than me. I could not get up the courage to click on the launch button on that video.

"He would only have had 10 shots if the AWB was still in place." i guess she is unaware that it takes about 1.2 seconds to reload a glock with no real training. I can't stand McCain's new term SEMI ASSAULT RIFLE???? Government can't even figure out what an assault rifle is don't confuse them any more.

"He would only have had 10 shots if the AWB was still in place." i guess she is unaware that it takes about 1.2 seconds to reload a glock with no real training. I can't stand McCain's new term SEMI ASSAULT RIFLE???? Government can't even figure out what an assault rifle is don't confuse them any more.
Easy solution - mandate all rifles can go full-auto to reduce confusion... [laugh]

Megan's father is a Senator. Nobody would give her ideas a second thought otherwise. How about a debate bewteen Megan and Paris Hilton on almost anything. What a train wreck.

Dick Cheney's a nice guy an all, but he's no authority on the 2nd Amendment. On top of that he recent comment on normal capacity magazines was much more equivocal. More like there are bigger fights - not that he is advocating for their ban.

_IF_ two guys on the NRA board (of 75) are involved in manufacture of normal capacity magazines, they'd stand to make much more money if any limitation is put on capacity. The last time new manufacture was banned, they made a fortune. If the banners are more clever this time and prohibit all possession -- everybody will be buying multiple smaller replacement bagazines, and they'll make another fourtune.

The arguments in that video wouldn't get you on a Junior High Debating team.

--jcr

Meghan McCain does not understand the 2nd amendment. Not only is it for self protection, it is the right that allows us to have weapons that will put us on similar ground as a standing army.

Her entire view is based around Dick Cheney.

Last edited:
Meghan McCain does not understand the 2nd amendment. Not only is it for self protection, it is the right that allows us to have weapons that will put us on similar ground as a standing army.

Her entire view is based around Dick Cheney.
Anyone who wants to understand 2A, look at Libya and how without NATO air support they were crushed in short order...

That's why it says "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

And crap about "founders could not have imagined weapons like X", I call BS because people at the time talked about cannons like they were nuclear weapons able to destroy large numbers of troops and defensive structures with little effort on the part of the cannon team.

Each era before had its "terrifying and horrific" weapons. As scary as nukes are today, I afraid there will be more horrible weapons in the future. As with all weapons, you should concern yourself with the people holding them first and foremost...

Anything you don't think your neighbors should have should be kept or not from governments just the same. Governments are far more dangerous than your crazy neighbor on the long timeline.

Back
Top Bottom