Meeting at police station to sell firearm question

Should I notify them or just go about my business .I don't care either way but where I am meeting is a small parking lot so it's likely we will be seen and I just don't want any problems. I've never done a transfer at a police station so I'm just wondering what the etiquette is
Thanks

Stay away from a police station! Good possibility you could be under surveillance camera And then possibly Setting off alarms and be a surrounded by swat team and shot. Try Starbucks Dunkin’ Donuts or a mall Very good judgment is needed when a firearm being sold or bought. I feel police station is not one of them

All it would take is an officer having a bad day to freak out if they saw anything they thought was suspicious. There are many other places that are better to do an EFA10 than a PD station

I believe proper etiquette is to walk into the lobby and in a loud voice announce "I have a gun!". Coincidental this is also the proper procedure when checking a firearm at the airport.

Seriously though I would avoid the added complication of a police station if at all possible, if you absolutely cannot then it might be a good idea to talk to them first I guess. They are without doubt observing the parking area via video and usually have signs posted stating just that.

:emoji_tiger:

Have the owner show up, display the firearm so that everyone knows they have it, and loudly proclaim that they have a gun a know how to use it. That will allay any fears the officers have about untrained people in their presence ;)

ETA dang CatSnoutSoup beat me to it.

In all seriousness for a firearm I'd pick somewhere else. Many PDs have "internet transfer zones" or similar but I wouldn't do it for a firearm. My MA club has the clubhouse with a printer specifically for doing FA-10s and my NH club is large enough you could pick practically anywhere for an inspection/sale.

I've also met at an MBTA park and ride lot (good amount of people but not too suspicious) and at a gas station/Dunkin Donuts parking lot.

I think you want a place with some foot traffic but still calm enough not to draw attention, or a place like a club where there are like-minded people who won't care about seeing a gun.

Do not do that. I made that mistake once. Officer fat ass rolled out about to act like it was fort Apache the Bronx when he realized it was a town firefighter I was dealing with, then all of a sudden the dept and he were safe and we could go about our biz. Oh and I called ahead. Dink I talked to told no one.

OP, I saw a classified ad recently either here or on Armslist and the guy wanted to meet either at a police station or an FFL.

Is this that guy?

If so, go to an FFL instead of a police station, paying a few extra bucks is worth it to avoid any potential problems.

People sometimes do Craigslist sales at police stations to avoid getting robbed and I'll bet that's where this guy got the idea. Selling concert tickets is a whole different ballgame than selling a firearm.

Last edited:
my 3 transactions from nes classified gun buys/sales were once in a mcdonalds parking lot off of rt. 2 somewhere and 2x in four seasons' parking lot. at mickey's, we just parked at the end of the lot away from people traffic.

I was never happy having to go to the station to pick up blue cards when we used them.

Should I notify them or just go about my business .I don't care either way but where I am meeting is a small parking lot so it's likely we will be seen and I just don't want any problems. I've never done a transfer at a police station so I'm just wondering what the etiquette is
Thanks
Wear a vest , just sayin

Not my first time but this was the buyers request
iu

I Smell a Catfish...
Er, hornpout?

OP, I saw a classified ad recently either here or on Armslist and the guy wanted to meet either at a police station or an FFL.

Is this that guy?

If so, go to an FFL instead of a police station, paying a few extra bucks is worth it to avoid any potential problems.

People sometimes do Craigslist sales at police stations to avoid getting robbed and I'll bet that's where this guy got the idea. Selling concert tickets is a whole different ballgame than selling a firearm.

Yeah. Instead of doing something perfectly legal and having the Northeast "ZOMG'GUNZZZ!" over-reacting police give you a hassle for exercising your Constitutional rights you are breaking the law and re-selling tickets as a "scalper." I can TOTALLY see where that's a good idea. LOL

What a coincidence, my dog told me to buy a gun too.

I know you. You're dad is Sam, isn't he?

I did buy a brand new Blue Label Glock in a police station. I bought it from the chief and did the paperwork in his office.

. . . then he went directly to jail for straw purchases. LOL

Back
Top Bottom