• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Meet The Press this morning

Did anyone else see/hear Deval Patrick saying MA residents can go over the border and buy firearms in bulk to bypass the MA gun laws?

Did anyone else see/hear Deval Patrick saying MA residents can go over the border and buy firearms in bulk to bypass the MA gun laws?

Gee, I think I will hop into my car and drive right over the boarder right now! So glad Mini Me told us we can do that so when the FFL dealer in NH asks me for ID, I will just tell him that the Governor of Mass said it was OK!

What an ass-hat.

Do these people have a ****ing clue?? No really, do they have a ****ing clue??

They don't want to have a clue.... It's all about emotion and not about logic.... They will say or do anything that they think will further their agenda....

they do, but they also know the general sheeple have no ****ing inkling of an idea of how the gun laws really work. If the "all knowing Governor" gets on TV and states a bogus fact or statistic, It must be true.... It's a sad world we live in...[sad2]

Watched the video. Anyone have a tissue? I think my brain is leaking out my nose.
Jindal owned him. Hard. The look on his face was priceless.

If you mean Deval et al, then yes, they do have a clue.

They have very-well-paying jobs, that were given to them by saying what people want to hear.

They know exactly what they're doing.

If we call them out, we're "whining about details", when they see the Big Picture for Public Safety.

This is why Bottled Water is Evil, and Soda That's Too Big is a Tool of Satan. It's to keep you safe at night.

Little steps. That's what it's about.

I did not, but he's correct.

If they're criminals.

I'm sure that all the coke and heroin in Mass came over the border, too....

You don't have to be a "criminal" to go over to NH and buy a firearm.

It's completely legal according to federal law - to go to another state and buy a LONG GUN - and bring it back to your home state. If you're a MA resident that means you need to file the FA-10 when you bring the firearm back into the state.

I doubt this is what the devil is talking about though - he still thinks people can bring their pickup trucks up to NH - fill the bed up with guns you just randomly find by the side of the road - and drive them back to MA and sell them all to gangs in Roxbury.

They can make up whatever lies they want and the press will never call them out.

video here - Meet the Press

The real problem is that the vast majority of the non-gun owning public haveno idea what the truth is.

I had a conversation with an in-law who is non-gun (read not anti-gun just no exposure) about a month ago. He truly believed that AR's were full auto, unrestricted, and you didn't need a background check to buy one. He is a life long Mass resident.

He know knows the truth but IMO this is really what we are up against. There needs to be some sort of educational campaign so the voters at least know the truth; not just the propaganda.

Bob

The real problem is that the vast majority of the non-gun owning public haveno idea what the truth is.

I had a conversation with an in-law who is non-gun (read not anti-gun just no exposure) about a month ago. He truly believed that AR's were full auto, unrestricted, and you didn't need a background check to buy one. He is a life long Mass resident.

He know knows the truth but IMO this is really what we are up against. There needs to be some sort of educational campaign so the voters at least know the truth; not just the propaganda.

Bob

I have connections to the local community arts center - and I've contemplated whether having some sort of educational forum for the locals might be a good idea.

Gee, I think I will hop into my car and drive right over the boarder right now! So glad Mini Me told us we can do that so when the FFL dealer in NH asks me for ID, I will just tell him that the Governor of Mass said it was OK!

What an ass-hat.

But your Honor, he decreed the roads must be closed, and I must stay off them lest I pay a $500 fine or spend a year in jail. He then decreed I am able to go across the border and buy firearms in bulk. It has to be true, hes the Governor!

Jindal, like most republicans, is far too quick to sell out privacy and liberty. He, the NRA, and just about everyone it seems, is willing to endure universal background checks and government monitoring of health records in order to "keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them". They want to make gun rights a privilege that only approved people are allowed. What could go wrong? [thinking]

Be certain about one thing: Never ever say anything to a medical professional that you think could hurt you down the road. Assume all of your medical records will be examined by government (likely using automated search / keyword flagging) and the results will be used to curtail your freedom. The medical profession is becoming a unit of government intelligence, and this is happening regardless of how much your doctor might oppose it. React accordingly. This is not tinfoil hat level paranoia -- as we can see they are talking about limiting gun rights based on medical history.

You don't have to be a "criminal" to go over to NH and buy a firearm.

It's completely legal according to federal law - to go to another state and buy a LONG GUN - and bring it back to your home state. If you're a MA resident that means you need to file the FA-10 when you bring the firearm back into the state.

I doubt this is what the devil is talking about though - he still thinks people can bring their pickup trucks up to NH - fill the bed up with guns you just randomly find by the side of the road - and drive them back to MA and sell them all to gangs in Roxbury.

Can't watch the video at work. Did he say Firearm or Gun? If he said Firearm then that is handgun under MA laws.

If you mean Deval et al, then yes, they do have a clue.

If we call them out, we're "whining about details", when they see the Big Picture for Public Safety.

I don't agree, honesty is expected from public officials (I know we rarely see it) but it's our duty to call them on it. I fully intend to call him and call him on it and ask him why he lied on national TV.

He is clueless. He made me laugh and vomit at the same time when he used to go on Jim and Margery and talk gun law.

Jindal, like most republicans, is far too quick to sell out privacy and liberty. He, the NRA, and just about everyone it seems, is willing to endure universal background checks and government monitoring of health records in order to "keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them". They want to make gun rights a privilege that only approved people are allowed. What could go wrong? [thinking]

Be certain about one thing: Never ever say anything to a medical professional that you think could hurt you down the road. Assume all of your medical records will be examined by government (likely using automated search / keyword flagging) and the results will be used to curtail your freedom. The medical profession is becoming a unit of government intelligence, and this is happening regardless of how much your doctor might oppose it. React accordingly. This is not tinfoil hat level paranoia -- as we can see they are talking about limiting gun rights based on medical history.

funny i watched a video of Wayne LaPierre on the NRA channel, he was
a guest speaker st some conference on 2/22, he totally disagreess
with Universal background checccks.

Last edited:
funny i watched a video of Wayne LaPierres on the fNR channel, he was
a guest speaker st some conference on 2/22, he totally disagreess
with Universal background checccks.

I should have said or and not and --- [T]he NRA, and just about everyone it seems, is willing to endure universal background checks and/or government monitoring of health records in order to "keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them.

The NRA is opposed to universal background checks. How they support the current NICS checks but oppose universal checks on all sales is a mystery to me. But, in any case, they are in favor of "improving" NICS with better mental health information and "keeping guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them". That all comes down to government making lists -- never a good thing.

Last edited:
I don't agree, honesty is expected from public officials (I know we rarely see it) but it's our duty to call them on it. I fully intend to call him and call him on it and ask him why he lied on national TV.

Let us know how he sounds on the phone!

[laugh]

Calsdad - I know that one can do a legitimate interstate purchase, as do most here. But we're not the target of his Pronouncements - he's trying to keep up the fear and loathing of the majority of Mass residents that have no clue as to the laws.

Devil knows. If Devil says something like this, there's a reason, and it's not to be accurate. The current spin is that all the gun violence is casued by guns from over the border, where the laws are lax, [STRIKE=undefined]and there's all those murders.......[/STRIKE]

This is why the only solution (other than Linksy's bill) is to make all of the US of A like Mass.

Oh, joy.

Can't watch the video at work. Did he say Firearm or Gun? If he said Firearm then that is handgun under MA laws.

Talking about stronger background checks he said:
We can have as rigorous state laws in our own home state as possible but if you can buy guns in bulk right over the state line and walk them in it doesn’t really help.

Bob

Exactly. Some anti's and people who don't know guns who are not anti see an AR and hear a**h***s like obama say military style weapons and people think full auto, rambo, etc. All the terms are poll tested such as military style, commonsense solutions, etc. Just like obamas like about not raising taxes, etc. There are rubes who but this sh!t.

Just correct everyone you meet and educate them.

On deval. On guns, he really is clueless. He lies but with guns, he could figure out a thing, never mind the laws.

So Jindal is a big anti individual freedom guy?

cliche (R) is cliche? is that how that saying goes?

Back
Top Bottom