• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medical Retirement

jhagberg88

NES Member
Getting ready to start terminal leave, anyone else here medically retired from the service?

How are the VA’s in Boston/how is it using whichever Tricare you chose after retiring?

Getting ready to start terminal leave, anyone else here medically retired from the service?

How are the VA’s in Boston/how is it using whichever Tricare you chose after retiring?
From what I understand, the facilities at JP are ok. I understand Bedford are decent as well. I use Manchester when I absolutely have to go (annual physical, etc).

I am not medically retired. I am however receiving VA C&P

Not medically retired. JP isn't bad, just the classic administrative hassle. Medical staff has been great given my limited use. My wife is medically retired and likes her primary NP there, and has had luck getting referred out for treatment RE her back injury.

Mike

From what I understand, the facilities at JP are ok. I understand Bedford are decent as well. I use Manchester when I absolutely have to go (annual physical, etc).

I am not medically retired. I am however receiving VA C&P

I just hit the one year to go mark until retirement eligibility. (Less than a year until I put in the HYT-mandated letter and/or waiver request)

Might be PM'ing you a couple questions. Starting to get things lined up in case I decide not to put in for the HYT waiver - puts me about a year and a half out from terminal.

Back
Top Bottom