Medical marijuana and firearms

My wife has suffered from migraines for the past 7 or 8 years and has exhausted all standard treatments so her doctor finally recommended a marijuana prescription. I am all for it, especially if it helps her migraines. My only question is does this interfere or conflict with my ltc-a? She does not have a firearms license. Not sure where to ask this since it's not exactly a firearms question.

My wife has suffered from migraines for the past 7 or 8 years and has exhausted all standard treatments so her doctor finally recommended a marijuana prescription. I am all for it, especially if it helps her migraines. My only question is does this interfere or conflict with my ltc-a? She does not have a firearms license. Not sure where to ask this since it's not exactly a firearms question.

If your wife has a medical marijuana card, she is a prohibited person with respect to federal law. Don't take her shooting. Seriously.

This has NO known implications for your status under federal or state law.

The smartest move is for your wife to give up her MMC once retail MJ outlets open up in Massachusetts.

The smartest move is for your wife to give up her MMC once retail MJ outlets open up in Massachusetts.
Prior to that, buying from street dealers or high school kids is not a crime (selling is, not buying).

This has NO known implications for your status under federal or state law.
If the storefront regulations require ID and a logging of all sales, do not pick up product for her.

So is this still the best advice? A friend of mine who has a LTC-A wants to get a MMC and asked me if they would lose their LTC or does it mean they just won't be able to buy guns?...

So is this still the best advice? A friend of mine who has a LTC-A wants to get a MMC and asked me if they would lose their LTC or does it mean they just won't be able to buy guns?...

It's unknown how much the state rats on people, I have been currently telling people not to risk it- because if the PD ever finds out about the MMC, their LTC can be toast. If LE have access to this MMC card holder database somehow, or the state shares it with LE orgs... plonk. Not good for someone with an LTC.

-Mike

Due to MGL, they will still get their LTC. Per the Feds, they are PPs and subject to prosecution and doing time in the Big House. Will the Feds prosecute? That's anyone's guess.

Not a good situation at all. Go to atf.gov and DL the 4473 form. They put a warning in bold on the form and there is a full explanation in the instructions found there.

It's unknown how much the state rats on people, I have been currently telling people not to risk it- because if the PD ever finds out about the MMC, their LTC can be toast. If LE have access to this MMC card holder database somehow, or the state shares it with LE orgs... plonk. Not good for someone with an LTC.

-Mike

Yeah definitely seems risky. I'll pass this information along to my friend.

They told me it won't be until next June that dispensaries will be opening in MA?...not sure.

Thanks guys.

Find a person with a MM card in RI as they have many more shops than in MA. Card holders hang out in front of dispensaries like the drunks looking to buy for kids did in the 70's. Pay them $20 to complete your purchase and get the heck out of there. Pay a guy to do find the card holder and do the transaction for you to add another level of separation.

Find a person with a MM card in RI as they have many more shops than in MA. Card holders hang out in front of dispensaries like the drunks looking to buy for kids did in the 70's. Pay them $20 to complete your purchase and get the heck out of there. Pay a guy to do find the card holder and do the transaction for you to add another level of separation.

Funny you mention that...The friend I'm talking about, did just that - except they asked a friend that lives in RI not some random person...

Prior to that, buying from street dealers or high school kids is not a crime (selling is, not buying).

If the storefront regulations require ID and a logging of all sales, do not pick up product for her.
Of course ID and logging will be required. Sales logs will be required to be reported to local PD to check against LTC data base. And permits will be revoked for anyone on the MJ logs. MA dems love this part of the law.

It's legal to grow up to 12 plants in MA. 6 in veg and 6 in flower concurrently. It takes 12 weeks from seedling to harvest. A grow tent with a T5 HO florescent lighting fixture and some smart pots and you can have a legal and under the radar operation running in short time and for short change (couple hundred). A 2x4 tent with a 4 or 6 lamp T5 and 2 to 3 plants will produce a pound every 12 weeks if you're on point. Stay away from HIDs as most of the energy they consume is used producing heat - not light. They shine in a big operation but for small time you're better off with a T5 fixture. If you ran it for a single 12 week grow cycle that would be enough to last your wife well over a year at a high rate of consumption. Long term storage is in mason jars in a cool dark place - aka basement. All the necessary equipment can be purchased in Amazon and is delivered in discreet boxes. Or your local hydro shop... You'll also need some fertilizers "nutrients". I would recommend General Hydroponics 3 part Flora series. You only need 2 of the 3 parts. Micro and Bloom. Google the Lucas Formula - it's a good start for beginners.

Seeds can be purchased online from Canada. Check out True North Seed Bank. Look for strains that are higher in cannabinoids as this is the pain fighting property. I would also suggest sativa strains over indica strains for pain. They also don't put you down in the couch after use (lack of energy). I recommend a photo-period seed. Autos can't be cloned. They also require running the lights 18 hrs a day through flower where photo seeds are on a 12/12 schedule. So they cost less to grow. However autos alloow you to have plants at different growth states in the same tent under the same light. So there are some advantages.

Beginners should stay away from hydro and stick to dirt in smart pots. If going hydro avoid DWC - it's tends to have disastrous root rot problems and algae blooms. That's for experts and seasoned growers only. If you insist on hydro look at a drain to waist setup in coco coir. Expect to spend more loot on equipment. If going with dirt get straight dirt - not the kind with fertilizers in it like Miracle Grow. You can also make your own "super soil" and grow organic. Google it ' it's pretty easy. All the stuff needed is at the big box garden stores and home improvement stores.

So I've read in the inter-web anyway.................... I wouldn't know about any of this stuff personally........... I obey all laws, etc.

Last edited:
Of course ID and logging will be required. Sales logs will be required to be reported to local PD to check against LTC data base. And permits will be revoked for anyone on the MJ logs. MA dems love this part of the law.

lol. I'm sure you can cite a source for that.

Most likely, MJ stores will require you to flash your ID like a liquor store.

Thinking ahead. The regs aren't done yet. I'm figuring dems with use it to disarm more people.
Nothing to cite. Just speculation given their track record.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised honestly.

I know with med dispensaries you show ID and I'm pretty sure they scan it in. **** that shit.

not that I love weed, but if I did, I'd just keep buying illegal or send a friend who doesn't own guns to go buy it for me.

The idea that guns or drugs need to be licensed is going full retard.
you just cant trust (or just want to tax) the unwashed masses.

or are you telling me our last three (or more) presidents werent doing drugs in the white house.
I find it quite funny that trump is a teetotaler.

Getting MJ even legally without a medical card in the future is still linked to your drivers license (a purchase limit is imposed at the stores). If the state keeps track of that, a database needs to exist somewhere.

I dont smoke pot (and personally it doesnt bother me unless someone is smoking next to me and blowing smoke near my face), but if Ms. Maura can get another excuse to take guns away, she'll use this i reckon.

In my opinion, handling arms under the influence of any intoxicant is foolish (even pot despite people telling me its less impairing than alcohol), wait until it wears off. I know pot stays in your system for weeks after (even though youre no longer intoxicated), and if a stipulation like that is imposed to determine intoxication, thats overboard.

However, I think if the tax revenue from legal pot goes to local schools and not to Maura's re-election campaign, I support it. The revenue i saw from Colorado legalizing it raised a huge amount from schools. ...and if Mass uses part of the tax money to fight the heroin epidemic _(and the school system) in my state, thats a small win in my book (I work with a high risk population and see firsthand effects of that garbage on people daily.)

Back
Top Bottom