Medical Bag for Car and Range

beaker

NES Member
I have been collecting the items for a while, and finally put together my car/range medical kit. Heavily weighted towards trauma.

MedKit 1.jpg

MedKit 2.jpg

MedKit 3.jpg

Bleeder Kit 1.jpg

Bleeder Kit 3.jpg

Bag: Vanquest FatPack 7x10 (Gen2) in Red
Tourniquet holder: An inexpensive NCStar TQ holder from eBay, they have them on Amazon as well
Bleeder Pouch: Eagle Industries MLCS Single (1x2) Magazine Mag Pouch

Contents:
6 pairs of Gloves stuffed inside the front Molle Panel

In Main Bag Compartment:
Israeli Bandage 4" x 1
Israeli Bandage 6" x 1
Triangle Bandage x 1
NAR Hyfin Chest Seal x 2
28 Fr Nasal Airway x 1
2" Gauze Roll x 2
4" Gauze Roll x 2
NAR Compressed Gauze x 1
4" Gauze Pads x 2
Rapid Clot Gauze x 1
NAR Compressed Curlex x 1
2" Adhesive Wrap x 2
Mylar Blanket x 1
Anti-Microbial Wipes - 1 packet of 10
Medical Tape Roll x 1
Glow Sticks x 2

Zipper Pouch inside Bag:
SteriStrips x 1
Antiseptic Towelettes x 6
Sam Splint (Finger) x 1
Celox Granules Packet x 1
Alcohol Swabs x 6
Betadine Ampules x 2
Ziploc inside the zipper bag:
Water Purification Tablets
Sting Relief Wipes x 6
Medium BandAids x 10
Pain Reliever Packets x 8
Antibiotic Ointment Packets x 5

Outside Attached:

TQ Holder
- NAR Cat TQ and Scissors
Bleeder Kit - Uses double mag pouch, H&H Compressed Gauze, Trauma Pad, Quick Clot Gauze, Scissors, 2 Pairs of Gloves

Attachments

• MedKit 2.jpg
    MedKit 2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 14
  • MedKit 3.jpg
    MedKit 3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 13
  • MedKit 2.jpg
    MedKit 2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 13
  • MedKit 3.jpg
    MedKit 3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 13
Nice set up. Take the tourniquet out of the plastic bag and set it up so it's ready to go if you need it.:cool:

Excellent tip. You can pre-tear packaging for other stuff too. Tis a bitch to open stuff with bloody gloves on.... and it gets REALLY strange looks if you tear something open with your teeth at a medical incident

Nice set up. Take the tourniquet out of the plastic bag and set it up so it's ready to go if you need it.:cool:

Yea, There are divergent opinions about it. They can degrade with exposure to UV, which is why they come with UV blocking bags. It comes out of the bag easily with a push from the bottom, but it is another step. I was watching an instructive video from a SOF Combat Medic and he recommended that if you are in a job where you might have to use it at any time, take it out of the bag and replace it every year or so. If you are just being prepared for anything, leave it in the bag.

what's the approximate cost of this investment?
Well, some of the stuff you buy in bigger boxes, I could add up the cost. The Bag was $54, the Mag pouch was $12, and the TQ pouch was $7. I would estimate that the cost for the contents at around $120. Many of the items you buy in boxes, and I in fact outfitted a number of medical kits with many of the items.

Yea, There are divergent opinions about it. They can degrade with exposure to UV, which is why they come with UV blocking bags. It comes out of the bag easily with a push from the bottom, but it is another step. I was watching an instructive video from a SOF Combat Medic and he recommended that if you are in a job where you might have to use it at any time, take it out of the bag and replace it every year or so. If you are just being prepared for anything, leave it in the bag.

We took a trauma class where the instructor would randomly yell out "right arm!" or left leg!" etc. all day and then time us on how long it took to get it on. You have a very limited time before you become weak or unconscious. Plus you will be in pain. Probably bloody with an adrenaline rush that will make you shakey. He had us fold them so all you do is open the Velcro and whip it open and slide it on. It was more difficult than you would think with the pressure of someone timing you and not knowing when it would happen. It was as close to the real thing as you could get without being injured. All of mine are ready to go in the holder.

We took a trauma class where the instructor would randomly yell out "right arm!" or left leg!" etc. all day and then time us on how long it took to get it on. You have a very limited time before you become weak or unconscious. Plus you will be in pain. Probably bloody with an adrenaline rush that will make you shakey. He had us fold them so all you do is open the Velcro and whip it open and slide it on. It was more difficult than you would think with the pressure of someone timing you and not knowing when it would happen. It was as close to the real thing as you could get without being injured. All of mine are ready to go in the holder.

Makes sense.

Thanks for sharing your medical trauma bag. I'm putting one together, was curious where you purchased your items. Really like the way it's organized.

Nice kit! Good to have a main kit that’s a few steps away at the range bag. I try to get to a 1-day TCCC or TECC course twice a year from different instructors. I always get a few great bits of information added to my prior training from each class. As us Regular Joes don’t cross paths with trauma situations often, if at all, simulation is the best option to stay fresh.

You could make a public amazon list and link it here. [smile]

Let me know if this works OK. It has the contents for the blowout kit as well.

The blowout kit made from an Eagle Double Mag Pouch (ebay)

These come with a lube packet.

Cool. Not all of them do. The one's we train with didn't. We had a box of the Vaseline packets. I think the one's in my kit do though. They may have just lowballed the training ones, but something to look for. Again, shaky hands in the heat of the moment, you want it as easy as you can get it. I'm no medic, pretty sure I'd miss the nose completely the first try for real.

Back
Top Bottom