• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Media coverage of firearms

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I remember reading this in the Globe the other day, about a
guy who followed some people home after a traffic incident and assaulted them with a rifle.

Abdul and his friends notified Harbor Point police about the armed confrontation, and other police agencies tracked Donoghue to his home, according to a Boston police report filed in court. There, Donoghue allegedly admitted to having had a rifle with him in his truck and directed police to his gun safe, where they recovered a total of 10 rifles and handguns.

I think first of all pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger shouldn't be brushed off by anyone as someone just acting "stupid", it is major league assault and should be punished with serious jail time.

However regardless, it seems to me that the way the article reports that the guy owns ten guns has the implication that this is somehow sinister.

Anyway, it suddenly struck me that I would have been much more creeped if they had reported that he owns only one gun, I think everyone here knows what I mean. It just wouldn't seem healthy somehow :)

[/quote]

However regardless, it seems to me that the way the article reports that the guy owns ten guns has the implication that this is somehow sinister. Anyway, it suddenly struck me that I would have been much more creeped if they had reported that he owns only one gun, I think everyone here knows what I mean. It just wouldn't seem healthy somehow

I absolutely agree...They make it seem like 10 guns is this guy's arsenal, but it's the quite guy with the ONE firearm that we need to worry about.

Anytime you read a story in the MSM about firearms, remember that the author's IGNORANCE of firearms is exceeded only by his/her ANTIPATHY towards them. It will explain a lot.

I would think Assault & Battery w/a Deadly Weapon, to whit, a gun, ought to be a sufficiently grave charge. Be sure his license is now long gone.

Odd - despite this DF having ten guns, I did not see the usual MSM term "arsenal" used in the article!!

Back
Top Bottom