Medford / New LTC update !

I hope so man the officer made me confident when he told me wait about 6 weeks and I’ll call u to come pick up ur license so I should be good already got finger printed and all and since I currently get back grounded checked every 6 months at the airport I should be fine thanks man !!

You bi annual background checks at the airport don't mean anything when it comes to a LTC in MA. You could have a completely clean criminal record and still be denied by the CoP.
Even though the assault and battery charge was dismissed, there is still a record of it somewhere that the PD WILL find and can use against you to deny your LTC on suitability. Remember, it is all at the CoP's discretion, and he may decide that someone who was charged as you were in 2013 doesn't have the proper tempermant to own firearms and say you are not suitable.

Your best bet would be to consult a knowledgeable firearms attorney who can best guide you through the process. If you don't, it truly is a roll of the dice.

I hope so man the officer made me confident when he told me wait about 6 weeks and I’ll call u to come pick up ur license so I should be good already got finger printed and all and since I currently get back grounded checked every 6 months at the airport I should be fine thanks man !!
No not really. Don’t pat yourself on the back. Yet. I wish you luck, but you are going about this too casually re the “background check.” There are many flavors of background checks. We don’t care you work at an airstrip.

Get a lawyer and good luck.

Last edited:
No not really. Don’t pat yourself on the back. Yet. I wish you luck, but you are going about this too casually re the “background check.” There are many iterations of background check. We don’t care you work at an airstrip.

Get a lawoyer and good luck.
This. Remember that they (COP) MAY issue the LTC FOR ANY REASON. This means that they MAY NOT issue or issue with ANY KIND of restriction(s). They have you by the nuts. Piss them off and they could issue "Restricted to Wednesdays from 8AM to 3PM only if it's raining". Jack.

Last edited:
You don't seem to grasp the difference between "legally OK" and "suitability strictly at the discretion of your local chief". They are oceans apart from each other.
This. Remember that they (COP) MAY issue the LTC FOR ANY REASON. This means that they MAY NOT issue or issue with ANY KIND of restriction(s). They have you by the nuts. Piss them off and they could issue "Restricted to Wednesdays from 8AM to 3PM only if it's raining". Jack.
150% true!! I once saw one such restriction on someone's LTC. It was so strange that I forwarded a photocopy to the FRB Director at the time and suggested that he look into it . . . and perhaps have a chat with the issuing chief about what is an appropriate restriction. No, I have no idea what he did with my info.

150% true!! I once saw one such restriction on someone's LTC. It was so strange that I forwarded a photocopy to the FRB Director at the time and suggested that he look into it . . . and perhaps have a chat with the issuing chief about what is an appropriate restriction. No, I have no idea what he did with my info.

Len, you have my attention. Inquiring minds want to know what the oddball specific restriction was 🤣😂🤣😂

when i was still working, a guy i worked with applied for an unrestricted ltc in medford along with his 23 year old son. both first time applications. his son got unrestricted while dad got restrictions. odd i thought. this happened maybe 9 years ago.

when i was still working, a guy i worked with applied for an unrestricted ltc in medford along with his 23 year old son. both first time applications. his son got unrestricted while dad got restrictions. odd i thought. this happened maybe 9 years ago.
Perhaps the father was a known homosexual. Sorry this just reminded me of an old government film for some reason
ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,flatlay,5a1f32_a6197194c6,front,wide_portrait,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

No not really. Don’t pat yourself on the back. Yet. I wish you luck, but you are going about this too casually re the “background check.” There are many flavors of background checks. We don’t care you work at an airstrip.

Get a lawyer and good luck.
This.
I thought I was all set. Chief Larrabee himself said there would be no problem getting my LTC after a cwof/dismissed (non-violent offence). But I put it off and he was retired by the time I applied. Still, it was a 20 year old dismissal and I had an otherwise spotless record. I called the state to check the status, they said their approval was sent back to the PD. It was only after all the other approvals were OKed did I get the dreaded suitability denial.

Got my license in hand ! Restricted to t&h
Did you obtain the reason why you received restrictions?

SECTION 51. Paragraph (f) of said section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out the second paragraph and inserting in place thereof the following paragraph:- Any applicant or holder aggrieved by a denial, revocation, suspension or restriction placed on a license, unless a hearing has previously been held pursuant to chapter 209A, may, within either 90 days after receiving notice of the denial, revocation or suspension or within 90 days after the expiration of the time limit during which the licensing authority shall respond to the applicant or, in the case of a restriction, any time after a restriction is placed on the license pursuant to this section, file a petition to obtain judicial review in the district court having jurisdiction in the city or town in which the applicant filed the application or in which the license was issued. If after a hearing a justice of the court finds that there was no reasonable ground for denying, suspending, revoking or restricting the license and that the petitioner is not prohibited by law from possessing a license, the justice may order a license to be issued or reinstated to the petitioner or may order the licensing authority to remove certain restrictions placed on the license.

Got my license in hand ! Restricted to t&h

I had to look up "t&h";
when I googled it, I came up with an NES thread:

if I am hunting Zombies does that count.

the old now non P.C. joke about hunting 'cans perhaps?

Good old Meffa. Years ago my widowed mother, who lived there, was refused the LTC but was told that she could only have the FID. I had to deal with the Medford Mafia, the IA, Corrado, the mayor, Donato, and the town manager, lingoni. My spelling may be off, but I said that I had a recording of Corrado telling me that he would not issue the LTC to a 73 yo woman to walk around with a gun. They got pissed and said that I was going to jail for making the recording. I said fine, but every woman in Meffa and then in the state and then in the country would hear the recording. Within three days my mother had the LTC in hand for "protection of life" at no charge. This was all written up in one of the gun mags, I think "Shooting Times". Don't tell anyone, but it's possible that I could have made up the story of the "recording". Ha Ha. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom