Medford / New LTC update !

Hello maybe im doing this wrong but got recommended by a friend who’s in this group. In 2013 I had a assault and battery case that never went court but dismissed because the person never showed twice now I’m wondering if that will stop my chances on getting a unrestricted it was a non conviction I never got convicted. Thanks

speak with a competent attorney
I was told by multiple people that I should be fine since I was never convicted what so ever and the case never went to trial but it’s definitely on my record which is literally the only thing on my record

I was told by multiple people that I should be fine since I was never convicted what so ever and the case never went to trial but it’s definitely on my record which is literally the only thing on my record

Ok, or go with that… but once denied a license, it’s is reportedly more difficult to appeal a denial.

Ok, or go with that… but once denied a license, it’s is reportedly more difficult to appeal a denial.
Just getting peoples opinion is all but in definitely going to talk to a lawyer living in a red city like Medford be pretty upset if I get denied in a non conviction

Just getting peoples opinion is all but in definitely going to talk to a lawyer living in a red city like Medford be pretty upset if I get denied in a non conviction

The advice 99% of people are going to tell you is to invest in speaking with an attorney upfront. Pay now or pay more later.

If you were arrested you can be denied based upon suitability even if you were never convicted on the charges, which would otherwise most likely make you a prohibited person entirely.

Like I said, consult an attorney is your best option.

The advice 99% of people are going to tell you is to invest in speaking with an attorney upfront. Pay now or pay more later.

If you were arrested you can be denied based upon suitability even if you were never convicted on the charges, which would otherwise most likely make you a prohibited person entirely.

Like I said, consult an attorney is your best option.
Very accurate appreciate it will talk to someone tomorrow morning even tho it was a misdemeanor and was never convicted and it being my only blemish on my record ur right tho I could end up just being denied

you may want to consider requesting a copy of any charges, the arrest record, and any relevant court documents, etc. prior to consulting an attorney. Yes, the attorney can obtain that information on your behalf with your permission, but you are going to pay their paralegal to do the leg work you can easily do yourself. You can provide them with this info when you meet with them.

Speak with an attorney and they can best help you address your particular situation. On a firearms licenses application you have to answer a series of questions pertaining to any past transgressions — an oversight or omission on the application, a DUI or some juvenile matters can be enough for a denial, so it’s not worth risking an error.

Best of luck with it —

Medford is a shit town for LTCs though, you will want counsel. Normal people often end up restricted there nevermind someone with a n arrest record.

Medford is a shit town for LTCs though, you will want counsel. Normal people often end up restricted there nevermind someone with a n arrest record.
This.

BEST case, Medford will restrict your first license, and lift them on renewal.
Having an A&B charge in your history (even dismissed) could reasonably lead to a denial.

Talk to Jason, Neil, or Keith, and save yourself having to appeal in court.

Talk to a lawyer.
Assuming everything you said is correct.
You won't get a 100% yes or no answer. This is because it comes down to "suitability", which despite the legal definition, is often used as little more than the opinion or the CoP/LO, who may have a clear history of not using suitability but you can't know the mind of anyone for certain. People have been allowed an LTC with far more than what you have, but others have been denied with far less.
Time will play a factor, if it happened this year, well you may want to wait, but I am not a lawyer and you didn't pay anything for my opinion.

Currently have a copy of my icori cause I did that leg work my self and have my references also have the letter on why I want my license of course basically everything they need I have

Currently have a copy of my icori cause I did that leg work my self and have my references also have the letter on why I want my license of course basically everything they need I have
Dude, give Neil a call. Pay him for his time. It'll be worth it. The city CORI may be sufficient, maybe not. He'll know better than any of us.

Make sure that you get a copy of the Docket Sheet from the Clerk of Court where you appeared. It is quite likely that they never updated that with a proper disposition. If that is the case, many PDs will either put your application aside, demand you get it fixed or deny you.

Update was told the chief restricts all ltc a but after a year they will unrestrict so basically target & hunting was told to wait 6 weeks and the detective will call me to come pick up my license

Update was told the chief restricts all ltc a but after a year they will unrestrict so basically target & hunting was told to wait 6 weeks and the detective will call me to come pick up my license
Glad to hear it. That sounds like an improved version of my experience.

Did they tell you how to request they lift the restrictions at a year? (When I lived there, they didn't even reply to my letter; took until renewal)

(Edit - you may want to update the original post, to limit the repeat advice from first time readers)

Last edited:
IANAL

You better start with one before you do another thing. If you think that A&B charge follows you around wait till you move into a more lenient environment and have to list and explain "denied" for the rest of your life.

Hopefully, what you wrote in your letter won't be used against you. The more you write, the more reasons or justification you give to restrict or deny your license.
You should have consulted with an attorney first, some would even give a phone consultation for free. You rolled the dice, hopefully you don't roll snake eyes!
Your CORI means nothing to the licensing authority or any government agency that involves firearms. Your background is going to be extensively gone over and everything is going to be exposed.

Hopefully, what you wrote in your letter won't be used against you. The more you write, the more reasons or justification you give to restrict or deny your license.
You should have consulted with an attorney first, some would even give a phone consultation for free. You rolled the dice, hopefully you don't roll snake eyes!
Your CORI means nothing to the licensing authority or any government agency that involves firearms. Your background is going to be extensively gone over and everything is going to be exposed.
Update already I have gotten finger printed and was told to wait 6 weeks to pick up my license I work at the airport I get background checked every 6 months

Congrats and welcome to the tribe.
I hope so man the officer made me confident when he told me wait about 6 weeks and I’ll call u to come pick up ur license so I should be good already got finger printed and all and since I currently get back grounded checked every 6 months at the airport I should be fine thanks man !!

Back
Top Bottom