Medford LTC Restriction Removal

Hello,

I've seen similar posts for Quincy but wanted to ask for advice on how to go about getting a restriction removed from a LTC but in the city of Medford, I've heard its possible but so far haven't had much success. I've written emails and letters to the Chief and the Detective who issues license. As a background I'm currently 25 and have had my restricted license for 3 years (just learning now I could have asked after my first year smh), I am a member of a local gun club, I also work as a civilian at a neighboring department, and haven't gotten as much as a traffic ticket in the past three years.

Someone has told me to call a lawyer to have them make a call to MPD to make it clear that I'm serious but hoping I can handle this in a different way verses something so formal. Any suggestions? Maybe I should be more clear in my letter? Should I hire a lawyer? Any serious suggestions would be awesome.

Thank you

I'd start with offering the CLEO a nice shine on his boots first then I'd be looking at doing it at renewal. Not hearing a lot of lifting mid license but your mileage may vary.

Three years incident free ain't a long time at all.

Hello,

I've seen similar posts for Quincy but wanted to ask for advice on how to go about getting a restriction removed from a LTC but in the city of Medford, I've heard its possible but so far haven't had much success. I've written emails and letters to the Chief and the Detective who issues license. As a background I'm currently 25 and have had my restricted license for 3 years (just learning now I could have asked after my first year smh), I am a member of a local gun club, I also work as a civilian at a neighboring department, and haven't gotten as much as a traffic ticket in the past three years.

Someone has told me to call a lawyer to have them make a call to MPD to make it clear that I'm serious but hoping I can handle this in a different way verses something so formal. Any suggestions? Maybe I should be more clear in my letter? Should I hire a lawyer? Any serious suggestions would be awesome.

Thank you

I can't say I've heard of anyone having success in Medford with removing restrictions prior to your first renewal. Medford seems to play it pretty tight so unless you can make a case as to why you have a particularized need that distinguishes you from the general public it is unlikely to happen. Maybe obtain an FFL-03 and become a state-certified firearms instructor and start there as qualifications to market yourself as being in special need.

When I renewed my license in Medford for the first time two years ago, the licensing officer requested that I send him a single sentence email requesting that my license be renewed without restrictions. I did so and the restrictions were removed on renewal.

Anything short of waiting until renewal -- I wish you luck.

how many circulated non sequential serial numbered $100 dollar bills do you have at your disposal?

Medford, the last bastion of B Ramming, has a long history of not giving a flying fornication about your ability to carry a gun outside of your home.

I know people ( I made the call to get them their license 35 years ago unrestricted in another town) who made the move to Medford and get restricted on renewal, and his cousin was the C.O.P. in a neighboring town... and a phone call from him only infuriated the Medford issuing officer.

you are FUBAR'd.

Consider moving before your next renewal

I can't say I've heard of anyone having success in Medford with removing restrictions prior to your first renewal. Medford seems to play it pretty tight so unless you can make a case as to why you have a particularized need that distinguishes you from the general public it is unlikely to happen. Maybe obtain an FFL-03 and become a state-certified firearms instructor and start there as qualifications to market yourself as being in special need.

When I renewed my license in Medford for the first time two years ago, the licensing officer requested that I send him a single sentence email requesting that my license be renewed without restrictions. I did so and the restrictions were removed on renewal.

Anything short of waiting until renewal -- I wish you luck.
Thats fair I appreciate the advice, I've heard people say its a good idea to become a state-certified firearms instructor and that might be smart choice. Also might try the route of just waiting for my renewal and asking for it to be removed, that seems like what would most likely happen at this point lol.

Thanks for the advice glad to hear someone was able to get it removed on their renewal, gives me at least some hope in that regard!

how many circulated non sequential serial numbered $100 dollar bills do you have at your disposal?

Medford, the last bastion of B Ramming, has a long history of not giving a flying fornication about your ability to carry a gun outside of your home.

I know people ( I made the call to get them their license 35 years ago unrestricted in another town) who made the move to Medford and get restricted on renewal, and his cousin was the C.O.P. in a neighboring town... and a phone call from him only infuriated the Medford issuing officer.

you are FUBAR'd.

Consider moving before your next renewal
I hear ya man, I've heard so many horror stories like that from talking to people in town. Super unfortunate and frustrating, hopefully with all the hate being directed towards them they'll be a little smarter about making friends with the community but we'll see haha

But that's ok, because the police there are so good you would never need to carry.

I'm trying to remember the exact number, but IIRC over TWENTY members of that fine agency are on the Middlesex D.A.'s Exculpatory Evidence List, meaning they are so tainted that they can not be called on to testify at a trial.

It's really hard to call an arresting officer to testify when they are on that list.

But that's ok, because the police there are so good you would never need to carry.
I hear that Medford PD has a hard time holding their licker.

I'm trying to remember the exact number, but IIRC over TWENTY members of that fine agency are on the Middlesex D.A.'s Exculpatory Evidence List, meaning they are so tainted that they can not be called on to testify at a trial.

It's really hard to call an arresting officer to testify when they are on that list.
william-shakespeare-quote-glendoweri-can-call-spirits-from.jpg

These guys?

Of course, the former Chief stood behind a lot of these guys for years.

with a WRONG.
Just ask the Chief where you work to issue it if OP is in such good standings.
Possible, but not probable. However, I know a guy who had the Mass LTC, moved to NH, and renewed in Mass. Used his NH address. NH resident with a Mass resident LTC for years. Jack.

I am filling out the form for renewal as I type this. When I originally applied, I requested a unrestricted but got restricted and was told that the restriction will b lifted when I renew. I am really hoping that I will get the restriction lifted. Whenever I get it back I will update here.

I am filling out the form for renewal as I type this. When I originally applied, I requested a unrestricted but got restricted and was told that the restriction will b lifted when I renew. I am really hoping that I will get the restriction lifted. Whenever I get it back I will update here.
When I renewed mine a couple years ago, they said they almost always lift them on renewal. They'll ask you to write a letter to the chief with your reasoning. My letter wasn't terribly long, but my LTC came back unrestricted.

Good luck

WRONG.
Just ask the Chief where you work to issue it if OP is in such good standings.
I dont think it is that easy. The licensing officer that renewed my LTC moved to Lowell and had to go through their BS, even though she worked at a green town PD.

Last edited:

Update: I just pick up my renewed license from Medford PD and the restriction was removed!

Before I sent in my application, I called the Detective in charge of licensure and he walked me through the process of writing an email to the Chief requesting removal of the restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom