• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medal of Honor 45 Years Later

MAGG

NES Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2565404/San-Antonio-man-glad-receive-Medal-Honor.html

Santiago Erevia used two M-16s and several grenades to destroy four enemy bunkers and their occupants during a 1969 battle in the Vietnam War
He is one of 24 veterans who served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam to receive the U.S. Medal of Honor, decades after they earned it
The move is part of an Obama initiative to recognize the men who have been passed over for the award for reasons of ethnicity or color

He may be rewriting history, but for the right reasons. I absolutely loathe the guy, but you can't argue the fact that they weren't really handing out the MOH to you if you weren't white in those days. The reviews of DSC recipients within the parameters stated, started in 2002.

I don't know enough about MOHs to comment. But I do know that Obama will use any possible means to bump his popularity even if he had nothing to do with it. Especially with vets after the memorial scandal.

sent from my NSA approved phone

I don't know enough about MOHs to comment. But I do know that Obama will use any possible means to bump his popularity even if he had nothing to do with it. Especially with vets after the memorial scandal.

sent from my NSA approved phone

This review was ordered by Congress. In 2002. During the Bush administration. The Medal of Honor is awarded by order of Congress, thus being the Congressional Medal Of Honor.

Exactly, its not the presidential medal of honor...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

True that, as Commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces (I just threw up a little in my mouth), he has the right to award the honor upon authorization by Congress. Now, this is not to say that him doing the awards is not a political action...

must be strange for arguably the nation's greatest disgrace to be handing over the nation's greatest honor.

0bama presents it, congress awards it, both are trash.

must be strange for arguably the nation's greatest disgrace to be handing over the nation's greatest honor.

0bama presents it, congress awards it, both are trash.

I bet his hands drip with contempt...either that or he has to wear gloves out of fear he would burst into flames.

Back
Top Bottom