• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mech Armor Charging Handle..Very Nice...!

This may be old news to people familiar with AR's, but I am fairly new to them and wanted to share some feedback on what I think is one of the best enhancements to an AR you can make (IMO).

I just built a precision/varmint M4 style AR. My scope overhangs the charging handle and makes it difficult to get a good grip on the charging handle when I need to cycle it or clear jams. I replaced the standard style charging handle with a BCM ambi handle, but its still difficult to clear a jam since my scope extends over the charging handle.

I was reading a post on the 308AR forums and people were raving about the Mech Armor TacOps charging handle. I ordered one and gave it a try.. Wow... I know its just a charging handle, but its made like a tank and makes it super easy to cycle the charging handle even with gloves on and a scope. I spoke to one of the employees at Mech Armor and found out that its used quite a bit by the troops, especially by snipers since it makes one handed racking super simple. They are also locally based in Wolfeboro NH. Sounds like they also make other cool items like Humvee turrets, etc.

When I ordered the part, they even gave me a call to make sure it arrived and to check in to see if I had any questions.. Very nice folks.... Especially Van.

I don't usually give product reviews, but I thought this one deserved one. There are lots of other video reviews out there on these handles so you can make up your own mind if you think it would be useful for your setup.

Anyway..thought I would pass on the info.. would also be a great group buy if someone wants to take that on.

http://mechdefense.com/products/tacops-1-original-m4-ar15

Should've gone with a mod3 BCM. I have a large scope mounted and I have no problem, due to the extended latch. And it was $25 less. I don't think Bravo company quality even needs to be mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom