• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"meat eater" on Netflix!

Watch a couple more tonight, I’m not crazy about the fishing episodes, but the Alaska stuff is incredible. My favorite show at the momen. The elk hunting episode I just watched was all kinds of awesome.

is it only on netlifx?

Older episodes are on "The Sportsmen Channel" and you can buy episodes via their website www.themeateater.com. They just hooked up with a backer and are starting up a Hunting/Fishing/Conservation media group. If you check out their website there is a ton of stuff go through. They also have some stuff up on YouTube.

I was nervous when I heard they were bringing in other people/groups to do more media stuff, but honestly, if Rinella is the type of person I think he is then it all should be fine. For example, I've been listening to Wired to Hunt for a while now too and now Mark is part of their group (He was in 2 of the new Netflix episodes).

Inspiring me to hunt more. Currently have two whitetail trips planned; NY & PA.

Need to get out west.

Sweet deal man!

This is my first year hunting and it's mostly due to Rinella. I picked up his Hunting books, watched all the episodes on Netflix and Youtube I could, and spent more of my life then I care to mention listening to his podcast. It's made me appreciate the meat on my plate and reminded me that there's more to this world then concrete.

I'm absolutely planning on heading out west for at least one hunt in my life....just don't tell my wife yet.

Sweet deal man!

This is my first year hunting and it's mostly due to Rinella. I picked up his Hunting books, watched all the episodes on Netflix and Youtube I could, and spent more of my life then I care to mention listening to his podcast. It's made me appreciate the meat on my plate and reminded me that there's more to this world then concrete.

I'm absolutely planning on heading out west for at least one hunt in my life....just don't tell my wife yet.
Another episode that I liked was the small game hunting he did with Kevin murphey in Kentucky. Squirrel cottontail and swamp rabbits all in the same episode. The scene at the end when they cooked up that feast for all the hunting buddies was amazing.....home made wine and everything. Made me appreciate that good hunting does not have to be about "big game".

Another episode that I liked was the small game hunting he did with Kevin murphey in Kentucky. Squirrel cottontail and swamp rabbits all in the same episode. The scene at the end when they cooked up that feast for all the hunting buddies was amazing.....home made wine and everything. Made me appreciate that good hunting does not have to be about "big game".

I also loved that episode. I won't say it was the definitive reason, but watching Kevin have so much enthusiasm about small game and then hearing him on the podcast a few times....it has definitely played a role in me getting out in the woods this year.

I might just be me but I also feel that the MeatEater cast has opened their eyes to small game a bit more too. Ever since Kevin was on the podcast he did with them there seems to be a trend of them talking about Squirrel hunting. Even in recent episodes!

I also loved that episode. I won't say it was the definitive reason, but watching Kevin have so much enthusiasm about small game and then hearing him on the podcast a few times....it has definitely played a role in me getting out in the woods this year.

I might just be me but I also feel that the MeatEater cast has opened their eyes to small game a bit more too. Ever since Kevin was on the podcast he did with them there seems to be a trend of them talking about Squirrel hunting. Even in recent episodes!
I agree.

And the hunting horn with Kevin is hilarious! I laughed my balls off.

"Gotta be fair and warn em.....if they git kilt now it's there fault"!:D:D

I agree.

And the hunting horn with Kevin is hilarious! I laughed my balls off.

"Gotta be fair and warn em.....if they git kilt now it's there fault"!:D:D

Steve - "So you blow that thing before you go fishing too, huh?"
Kevin - "Yeah!"

That's what got me rolling.

Don't hunt. Respect those who do for if they use the animal for meat and whatever else they can. Props to you.

For those who just do it as sport for a trophy, like the guy who shot a baboon and giraffe just because he could, i think those people are lower than spit on the street.

Don't hunt. Respect those who do for if they use the animal for meat and whatever else they can. Props to you.

For those who just do it as sport for a trophy, like the guy who shot a baboon and giraffe just because he could, i think those people are lower than spit on the street.
I've never killed an animal I didn't eat.

However......I'm in the camp that believes you should "use" the animal you are taking. "Use" is a term tha has many different opinions on the definition. If your taking a coyote for the pelt for clothes....ok. same with bobcat and fox and other furr bearers. But to kill an animal just for grip and grin photoes I draw the line.

Don't forget about the pod casts. Great for commuting...

And haven't seen it but there is Meateater.com.

Commute is thankfully too short to make podcasts worth it. As far as the website - I'll let someone else be the first to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom