• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Meanwhile in Colorado

Magpul showed up to the state house
c029be5e6f66ffed101f3c9b50ac98da_zps2d794126.jpg

Magpul and their publicity campaign can FOAD until meaningful LEO sales policy changes are made.

First things first.

They did change their policy. I'd call it meaningful but you can decide for yourself.

March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries

Like suspending all LE sales to ban states? They already did. Which is why I am giving them a chance to fully redeem themselves before writing them off for good.

He might mean the pinky swear to honor their oath's. It is a bit silly, but I am surely not going to burn all my magpul gear.

And they are still going to move out of the state if the bill is signed into law.

And, for this, i story them. Their business practices are their own. Choose to buy from them, or not. But, when they take a stand to nice their business out if state, due to this-that impacts real people, who vote. 1000 people who don't agree with their business practice doesn't mean shit. A loss of tax dollars, and jobs, in a state, will have political consequences. You no linger buying their stuff, in reality, means nothing to them, long term

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

Like suspending all LE sales to ban states? They already did. Which is why I am giving them a chance to fully redeem themselves before writing them off for good.

I don't think they did. As long as you are an LEO and you pinky-swear to uphold the oath you already swore, they will sell to you.

Edit: unless there is a more recent flip-flop that I have missed.

Magpul is a private business that seems to be sincerely trying to balance doing the right thing on a couple of fronts. They don't have to do ANYTHING, but they are putting themselves out there. I give them a lot of credit for that.

The way the worded the policy is intentionally awful.

No sales right now to ban states because they are tied up with things in CO
In the future they plan to sell to LEOs in ban states as long as they make a promise to defend the constitution.

Good luck getting a cop in LA or Chicago to stick to that. As long as we're shooting for the moon lets have them swear they won't shoot any unarmed dogs.

Sucks all those people will lose their jobs so some politicians can feel good about themselves.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom