• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ME non res LTC

Thanks for all the help, to answer a few of your questions, the incident was 4 years ago. There was never any suggestion of violence or anything like that. The reason on the R/O simply read "I feel threatened by his presence.". I'm thinking about going first for my Florida LTC instead. Any thoughts on this?

For Florida NR you don't have to already have a Permit
For Mass you are required to have a Permit already to get a NR

So,
For Maine, is it REQUIRED that you have a permit from your home state ?
what if you just have a Florida NR, does that satisfy Maine to issue you a NR Permit?

For Florida NR you don't have to already have a Permit
For Mass you are required to have a Permit already to get a NR

So,
For Maine, is it REQUIRED that you have a permit from your home state ?
what if you just have a Florida NR, does that satisfy Maine to issue you a NR Permit?

Maine State Police will accept any states permit

Hey thanks, as always. I found it on the state police site. The only thing I'm afraid of is the question that says:

To your knowledge, have you ever been the subject of an investigation by any law enforcement agency within the past 5 years regarding the alleged abuse by you of family or household members.

I've never been involved in any abuse but I had a restraining order put on me for non violent reasons and there was never any conflict or confrentation it was pretty much matter of fact, but the cops questioned me quite a bit and that is technically an investigation.

If I answer yes do I get denied?

If I get denied I know that goes on my permanent LTC record.

I would answer NO to that and never look back.

Back
Top Bottom