ME non Res applicaiton

I have a NH and MA permit to carry. I just have a question on filling out a ME non res application.
I just had a question on question 'N' and 'O'.
This goes over juvenile offenses.

When I was 14 I was dismissed of shoplifting under 100$ in Massachusetts (I had excellent friends).
Anyone have any advice on this, a suggested contact or any literature to read up on in regards to this?

Unless you want to duck the new duty to notify the police while carrying part of the new law, Maine has gone constitutional carry. No permit required to carry. Read up on the specifics. Date is above

Can anyone find the text of the law that says non-Res 21+ year olds can constitutional conceal carry? All the articles (news outlets) that I'm reading say Mainers will soon be able to conceal carry w/o permit. I'm not finding anything that says otherwise.

Maine's .gov website with legislature isn't updated yet either.

I found this, but it's only an excerpt.

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/bills_127th/billtexts/SP024501.asp

Last edited:
interested to hear more on this.

It's passed, goes into effect Thursday. Just like to know if it applies to non-res as well; because I believe there's still a non-res permit?
Also what's changed is the requirement to notify an officer you're carrying if stopped.

I'm going up to Maine for the weekend on Friday - so I just want to keep myself legal.

Did anyone notice that the non-resident application form (for those who want one) now requires either a birth-certificate or naturalization papers, and no longer accepts a passport?

Isn't this exactly what got Boston in hot water?

I'm guessing the point is moot, because the defense is, "you don't need a permit at all, so quit your bitching"

It's passed, goes into effect Thursday. Just like to know if it applies to non-res as well; because I believe there's still a non-res permit?
Also what's changed is the requirement to notify an officer you're carrying if stopped.

I'm going up to Maine for the weekend on Friday - so I just want to keep myself legal.

It does. You just need to notify police when stopped if carrying under the new law.

From another thread:

Final bill as signed by the governor. Contains all amended text.

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/getPDF.asp?paper=SP0245&item=19&snum=127

For the umpteenth time: there is no distinction between resident and non resident in Maines new concealed carry law.

For the person without a permit, there are still a lot of restrictions, and some no-go areas that would require a recognized permit, such as Acadia National Park, and the Maine state parks (except for Baxter, which is treated differently than the other 'state' parks in Maine).

It still makes sense to get a Maine permit.

For the person without a permit, there are still a lot of restrictions, and some no-go areas that would require a recognized permit, such as Acadia National Park, and the Maine state parks (except for Baxter, which is treated differently than the other 'state' parks in Maine).

It still makes sense to get a Maine permit.
Crap. I drive through Maine parks all the time, such as Mount Blue State Park. So it not allowed?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Okay.... It is still awful though. As if I am really supposed to know the exact place any road crosses any park, pull over right there, unload and lock up gun, drive for 5 minutes to the other side, then reverse what I did.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

Okay.... It is still awful though. As if I am really supposed to know the exact place any road crosses any park, pull over right there, unload and lock up gun, drive for 5 minutes to the other side, then reverse what I did.

Try working in Cambridge, where there is university-owned property on virtually every block (slight hyperbole, but true enough)

So if I'm understanding the law correctly my daughter, 19, can now carry in Maine where we frequently vacation, without a license yet can't even apply for one in MA...someone please confiscate my Glocks from me before I turn them on myself for continuing living in this hellhole !!
Now a legal question: say my daughter (who we've discussed in other threads is actually now better with "her" G19 and G43 than I am LOL) gets a Maine permit, which now as of this new law is required only if you're under 21, she can carry up there when we're on vacation...but does this mean I can hand her my G43 as we're headed over the bridge into Kittery?
Cuz (since she doesn't have a NH permit either) how else could she "obtain" a gun up there unless I hand her one? (unless I missed it, it doesn't mention anything with regard to "purchasing" a gun in ME. I'll "assume" she can't, or can she? etc etc)

So if I'm understanding the law correctly my daughter, 19, can now carry in Maine where we frequently vacation, without a license yet can't even apply for one in MA...someone please confiscate my Glocks from me before I turn them on myself for continuing living in this hellhole !!
Now a legal question: say my daughter (who we've discussed in other threads is actually now better with "her" G19 and G43 than I am LOL) gets a Maine permit, which now as of this new law is required only if you're under 21, she can carry up there when we're on vacation...but does this mean I can hand her my G43 as we're headed over the bridge into Kittery?
Cuz (since she doesn't have a NH permit either) how else could she "obtain" a gun up there unless I hand her one? (unless I missed it, it doesn't mention anything with regard to "purchasing" a gun in ME. I'll "assume" she can't, or can she? etc etc)

So, I think your question is :
Is it legal to hand your daughter a firearm in the state of Maine even though neither of you are residents there?

Followup Question :
Where's your niece in this scenario?

I believe that the new ME. law only covers her if she is over 21 or is/has been military.

So, I think your question is :
Is it legal to hand your daughter a firearm in the state of Maine even though neither of you are residents there?

But if you read the new law (link to summary from Maine State PD is below) which just went into effect, I don't need a ME permit anymore, and she needs one only cuz she's under 21. So when she gets her non-resident permit (which, again, she needs only cuz she is under-21 in the now Constitutional Carry state of ME), the way I'm reading the law is I can hand her my MA legally purchased firearm as soon as we are in Maine and she, with a valid Maine permit (until 21) can carry it legally...Once she's 21, she no longer even needs the non-rez permit...

Correct?

But if you read the new law (link to summary from Maine State PD is below) which just went into effect, I don't need a ME permit anymore, and she needs one only cuz she's under 21. So when she gets her non-resident permit (which, again, she needs only cuz she is under-21 in the now Constitutional Carry state of ME), the way I'm reading the law is I can hand her my MA legally purchased firearm as soon as we are in Maine and she, with a valid Maine permit (until 21) can carry it legally...Once she's 21, she no longer even needs the non-rez permit...

Correct?

Correct on both counts.

One of the Maine license requirements is that you need to produce: "A copy of a certificate which has been issued within the past 5 years that shows
Proof of Knowledge of Handgun Safety (HGS)". What are we talking about, here? Course completion? (I realize this crap is now not required).

One of the Maine license requirements is that you need to produce: "A copy of a certificate which has been issued within the past 5 years that shows
Proof of Knowledge of Handgun Safety (HGS)". What are we talking about, here? Course completion? (I realize this crap is now not required).

I sent a copy of the completion certificate I got for my Mass License.

So I took my class back in 2010 (almost 6 yrs ago). I really hope that they're just looking for reissued certificates and not a complete retake of the class.

So I took my class back in 2010 (almost 6 yrs ago). I really hope that they're just looking for reissued certificates and not a complete retake of the class.

Just got an answer on this from Maine State Police. According to MSP, my 2010 course certificate is considered to be expired. Applying as a new applicant I need to either re-take my Basic Pistol class, or have a LEO write a letter endorsing me for a carry license.

Just got an answer on this from Maine State Police. According to MSP, my 2010 course certificate is considered to be expired. Applying as a new applicant I need to either re-take my Basic Pistol class, or have a LEO write a letter endorsing me for a carry license.

Just tank the app and constitutional carry. Less headache and still legal.

I believe that if you're a vet they'll take a copy of the DD214 in lieu of the course.

Back
Top Bottom