MCX Virtus Gen 3

So any of you have any info, or hunches, as to when the Virtus Gen 3 will hit the market? Im thinking of getting one, seems like promising (if small) changes.

I don’t think the gen 3 is out yet. Not really any big changes either. Mostly just a slimmer handguard and probably including the “G” firing pin latch as stock. I have a Virtus and think it’s overhyped.

I don’t think the gen 3 is out yet. Not really any big changes either. Mostly just a slimmer handguard and probably including the “G” firing pin latch as stock. I have a Virtus and think it’s overhyped.
I like the reduction in weight and drop in trigger.

After having an AK and an M1A ive realized I far prefer piston guns, so im thinking of changing my AR to piston driven as well. God I hate cleaning the AR. Have you compared yours to an HK MR556? Im between those 2.

i only heard a lot of complaints about gas into face on those things. dunno if it`s worth the money/effort, really.

It’s already out. Same as gen 2 with different stock.
I had heard that Gen 3 is a pound lighter, uses an AR trigger, and has a thinner handguard.

I finally got notification of a 6.75” 300blk Gen 2 upper in stock… and then they go and release a new version that may not be backwards compatible. f***ing Sig.

If you ever want to sell let me know!

If you ever want to sell let me know!
You don’t want it since my name is already engraved on it. I keep it just because I already got the stamp and waited maybe 10 months for the 11.5 upper.

Other good options for piston would be LMT or PWS. I’d favor LMT just because AR barrels can be converted so you won’t run into supply issues like Sig.

Imagine in 1-3 years when the Bruen decision all but wipes out these silly bans in mASS and I don't have to think, "Wait, can I have that here in mASS?" Some of those Sig rifles look cool. Not sure I'd own one, but at this point, it's a PITA to know so I don't even bother.

Other good options for piston would be LMT or PWS. I’d favor LMT just because AR barrels can be converted so you won’t run into supply issues like Sig.
Last I checked, the shops that converted barrels for LMTs were pretty sparse. And LMTs don’t have folding stocks.

What about the MCX do you not care for? I understand they can be nose heavy spare barrels/uppers have been a bitch to source.

Last I checked, the shops that converted barrels for LMTs were pretty sparse. And LMTs don’t have folding stocks.

What about the MCX do you not care for? I understand they can be nose heavy spare barrels/uppers have been a bitch to source.
There really isn’t anything special about the MCX compared to piston ARs unless you like that specific recoil system. Folding stock doesn’t matter since you can use something like a LAW folder unless you want to be able to shoot with it folded. Weight and balance with 16” is meh which is why everyone wants the 11.5.

What I hate most is that barrels are only from Sig and in only one flavor. No options for contour, twist and etc. Also imagine qc taking a nosedive and you’re stuck with crap replacement parts.

There really isn’t anything special about the MCX compared to piston ARs unless you like that specific recoil system. Folding stock doesn’t matter since you can use something like a LAW folder unless you want to be able to shoot with it folded. Weight and balance with 16” is meh which is why everyone wants the 11.5.

What I hate most is that barrels are only from Sig and in only one flavor. No options for contour, twist and etc. Also imagine qc taking a nosedive and you’re stuck with crap replacement parts.
Not a huge fan of the law folder. It adds 1/2 pound, and you still have the girth of the buffer tube stocks folding over.

I definitely get the issue with Sig being sole source for barrels. That sucks.

My plan had been to have one with a 6.75” 300blk barrel as a home defense/disaster evacuation gun with a spare 11.5” 5.56 barrel and handguard in a go-bag. The combination of QD barrel and true folding stock seemed like a good combo for the use cases. But I think I’m going to wait until the Gen 3 comes out because using an AR trigger is easier with my Preban AR SBR Lower and 1 pound lighter is quite significant. My only hope is the parts become more accessible. I’m okay with having to buy a spare barrel from Sig. I just want to be able to buy it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom