• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

McCloskey’s Pardoned

Anyone know if this now leaves them as prohibited persons, unable to ever own firearms again?
Yes, someone knows:
A pardon makes it as if the offense never happened.

This is probably why they plead down to misdemeanor. A felony would have made them prohibited persons.
The governor promised to pardon them if convicted
long before any plea negotiations.

BLM should have never entered the property and gone through their gates
BLM should have never been allowed to march on private property
BLM should not be a recognized force for any form of change is a free society
They should have never been charged for defending their property or selves
People act differently under the circumstances they were in and there is always Shoulda, Woulda and Coulda.
The prosecutor was a vindictive racist leftist tramp that manipulated evidence in the states favor
They should not have had to lawyer up under the circumstances we all saw and at the time we saw it
They should have their weapons returned to them that were taken
They should not have pleaded in my opinion but that's on them and the guy is supposedly a lawyer so who knows what conversations were in play?
We should all take the lesson that voting matters at every level of our own state gubberment and get rid of people like the racist left wing prosecutor that charged them.
Bottom line.

Democrat Rep. Cori Bush expressed outrage over Missouri Gov. Mike Parson’s pardons of the St. Louis McCloskey couple, who fended off a mob of protesters outside their St. Louis home by bearing firearms before the crowd. Bush, a progressive and Missouri native who represents the state’s 1st Congressional District, threatened Mark McCloskey and promised that “his day will come” because McCloskey “has spat on my name.”

I think the prosecution was politically motivated

As was the Pardon

Why did they plead out? They should have had people lining up to help them

But that being said, they didn't do the 2A cause any favor IMHO

Tactically they made all sorts of mistakes IMHO including giving up cover, giving up the advantage of a second story shooting position, etc.... and if the crowd rushed them, even if they got shots off, they were going to be overcome by sheer numbers and in the worst case scenario shot with their own weapon (although it is rumored one was non functional)
You better hope the guys from the other thread on this don’t read your post😂“Cover”?? “Elevated shooting position”??…nah, get out there barefoot and show em some balls was the solution at the time😂😂 and don’t even ask about the high or low ready😂

BLM should have never entered the property and gone through their gates
BLM should have never been allowed to march on private property

No question. But it has zero to do with them being black. They are being human. Humans are stupid. One guy says, "Hey, I think we can go this way" and suddenly people start trying to do that. They'll break s-word down and such. All from the actions of one stupid or vindictive or mentally challenged human.

You think not? I'll point you to a little festival in 1969 in upstate NY. "Hey, it's crowded and we don't have tickets. I think we can just hop this fence. It must be OK because that guy did it."

Which is why, while I don't think it criminal, the McDingdong's actions were excessive. Again, lawn chair. AR-15. Newspaper. Coffee. Once one person decided to cut through, there was NOTHING you could do. It was a mob. Not in the bad sense. Just a group of barely-thinking humans wandering from point A to point B.

"If Schmitt does not petition for their verdicts to be overturned, it would be up to Gov. Mike Parson, a Republican, to issue executive clemency. Parson yesterday released a list of pardons that included Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who attracted national media attention after waving their guns at Black Lives Matter protesters in St. Louis.

"In the spirit of forgiveness and redemption, their pardoning makes sense; his failure to also pardon Dunn, Strickland, and Johnson does not. If Parson wants to make a point about prosecutorial overreach, he should grant mercy to prisoners incarcerated for crimes the government concedes they did not commit."

I wonder what will happen with the couple that were accosted by the black mother and daughter looking to fight over a misunderstanding while Jillian Wuestenberg and her husband exited a Chipotle.

I haven't seen a single update in over a year.

The St. Louis couple who was famously pictured wielding guns as Black Lives Matter demonstrators marched outside their property last year received a pardon from Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, his office announced Tuesday.

The pardons for Mark and Patricia McCloskey, two attorneys in their 60s, were granted July 30. In total, Parson, a Republican, granted 12 pardons and two commutations.

WHO IS KIMBERLY GARDNER, MISSOURI PROSECUTOR AT CENTER OF MCCLOSKEY CASE?

The pair pleaded guilty to misdemeanors in connection with the June 2020 incident and were ordered to pay fines. Mark McCloskey, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor fourth-degree assault for threatening the passersby with an AR-15 rifle and was fined $750.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey draw their firearms on protestors as they enter their St. Louis neighborhood during a protest against then-Mayor Lyda Krewson in June 2020.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey draw their firearms on protestors as they enter their St. Louis neighborhood during a protest against then-Mayor Lyda Krewson in June 2020. (DANIEL SHULAR/via REUTERS)
Patricia McCloskey pleaded guilty to harassment and was given a $2,000 fine. They did not lose their law licenses or their firearms.

"It's a correction of something that should have never happened in the first place," Mark McCloskey told Fox News of the pardons.

The pair were both vilified and celebrated after images went viral showing them pointing weapons at BLM demonstrators who ingressed into the property inside a gated community. They eventually ventured onto a private street near the McCloskey's mansion.

The crowd was marching toward the home of then-Mayor Lyda Krewson amid nationwide protest over the police killing of George Floyd.

Mark McCloskey was seen holding a rifle while his wife appeared to be holding a handgun with her finger on the trigger.

The confrontation pitted Second Amendment and property-rights activists against Black Lives Matter supporters. The McCloskeys became famous in conservative circles and even gave a speech on the first night of the 2020 Republican National Convention.

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner initially lodged weapons and evidence tampering charges against the pair but was legally removed from the case after defense attorneys argued she exploited the prosecution in a fundraising email to constituents.
I wonder if they are still registered Democrats?

Back
Top Bottom