• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

McCain Key Senator on Background Checks

I have a bad feeling about this passing and getting through.

No AWB which is good, but this ain't any better either.

I am there with you on the above. Same bad feeling.
RINO making compromises because they have no guts to take a stand but want to straddle the fence.

Again my government forces me to think hard about the difference between the Bill of Rights vs a politically expedient law.

And John McCain needs to either switch parties or GTFO.

Why can't they offer a bill that would permit, but not require, an individual to perform a BG check using NICS when selling to another individual? Some might choose to do so and others may not. But nooooo, the government either forces everyone to do something or does nothing. Damn extremists.

Why can't they offer a bill that would permit, but not require, an individual to perform a BG check using NICS when selling to another individual? Some might choose to do so and others may not. But nooooo, the government either forces everyone to do something or does nothing. Damn extremists.
That's about the last thing that the FBI would want to set up and deal with. Jack.

That's about the last thing that the FBI would want to set up and deal with. Jack.
Yep, as I have said, the ATF/FBI would be chief among those calling BS on setting up such a system. Then the ACLU would step in when people started running NICS checks on snitch.com before they hired people...

Cluster!@#$ meet Epic...

I am betting they have no desire to open that system to the general public.

Yep, as I have said, the ATF/FBI would be chief among those calling BS on setting up such a system. Then the ACLU would step in when people started running NICS checks on snitch.com before they hired people...

Cluster!@#$ meet Epic...

I am betting they have no desire to open that system to the general public.

So instead they will push this through, and when its all done say "Oh, well we still can't open the system to the public, you will just have to do all gun sales at a licensed dealer. We didn't intend that but that's just how it turned out. Oops."

Which puts us-exactly where we are today. All this crap, nothing coming out of it.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

Mccain pretty much handed obama the election in 08. No love for that guy. sorry.

There was a LOT of mud to be slung, that was known about obama back then, and he didnt sling one little bit.

Can an amendment to the "Universal Background Check" bill be added that requires a background check for voter registration?

That would be an good "poison pill".

--jcr

Back
Top Bottom