• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MC1sc or G43

I'm sure there are members who have purchased a Mossberg MC1sc. I'm wondering if you have or had a Glock 43 and if so do you like one better than the other?
I like the Mossberg and it fits the bill for carry but my other pistols are Glocks and to keep the same trigger and similar grip, I am thinking getting a G43. Thoughts please.

I'm sure there are members who have purchased a Mossberg MC1sc. I'm wondering if you have or had a Glock 43 and if so do you like one better than the other?
I like the Mossberg and it fits the bill for carry but my other pistols are Glocks and to keep the same trigger and similar grip, I am thinking getting a G43. Thoughts please.
I should know this off hand. But doesn't the mossberg take glock mags?

Get a glock.. tons of aftermarket stuff. Easier to sell probably will hold value better.

No goofy remove the striker to take apart

Maybe I would wait for more reviews over a greater length of time to see if the Mossberg stands the test of time. I would probably just grab a Sig P365 in the meantime though. Greater capacity, proven reliability, and more customizability. The G43 feels like its in a different category than the MC1sc, it has a larger frame not as easily concealable. If asked today I would choose the G43.

Maybe I would wait for more reviews over a greater length of time to see if the Mossberg stands the test of time. I would probably just grab a Sig P365 in the meantime though. Greater capacity, proven reliability, and more customizability. The G43 feels like its in a different category than the MC1sc, it has a larger frame not as easily concealable. If asked today I would choose the G43.
I guess I should've said in my original post, I have the MC1sc. It is reliable. I have a 43X, not as concealable as a 43.

You must have owned every small 9mm by now. Perhaps consider not selling them and going in circles.
Right. How many of this thread has OP started?

If the gun does what you want, use it. If not, find another. Why do you need the permission of your friends on the internet to run what you brung?

If you have a 43X and a MC1sc, you already know everything you need to know about your experience of the Mossberg vs Glock, functionally.

If the 43X does everything you want, except that it's hard to conceal, learn to get better at dressing around it and/or not caring. Nobody can see your subcompact 9 if you're not wearing muscle shirts.

If the MC1sc does everything you want, except that it's not a Glock, then either get over your brand loyalty, or dump it for a 43. If you're worried about reliability, run it as hard as you can until you've proven it will/not do what you need, then go back to the top of this paragraph.

I suppose the only other question is "does this gun fit your hand better than that one?" In that case, rent a 43, run a couple mags next to the Mossberg and see if it fits. You're literally the only person on the planet that can answer that one.

Right. How many of this thread has OP started?

If the gun does what you want, use it. If not, find another. Why do you need the permission of your friends on the internet to run what you brung?

If you have a 43X and a MC1sc, you already know everything you need to know about your experience of the Mossberg vs Glock, functionally.

If the 43X does everything you want, except that it's hard to conceal, learn to get better at dressing around it and/or not caring. Nobody can see your subcompact 9 if you're not wearing muscle shirts.

If the MC1sc does everything you want, except that it's not a Glock, then either get over your brand loyalty, or dump it for a 43. If you're worried about reliability, run it as hard as you can until you've proven it will/not do what you need, then go back to the top of this paragraph.

I suppose the only other question is "does this gun fit your hand better than that one?" In that case, rent a 43, run a couple mags next to the Mossberg and see if it fits. You're literally the only person on the planet that can answer that one.
I don't have a brand loyalty. Personally, The MC1 has been reliable the last few times out. I doubt I have 200 rds through. I should run it more.

BTW, I'm old, I forget, I also have trouble finding old posts on the page. So, sometimes I need to be repetitive.

If I buy the 43, you'd probably see it for sale a month from now. :D

Oh Ya, I'm glad you guys are keeping tabs on all my posts. I must give you guys some informative reading[rofl]

Last edited:
I'm sure the Mosberg is a capable gun, but I'd still vote Glock. Reputation/proven reliability, better aftermarket support, and operational familiarity. And I don't fully understand the concept of the take down og the MCS1sc. I get what they were going for. Making it less stressful than having to pull the trigger to take down. But the end result of having to mess with the striker instead seems like backwards thinking, as it might make someone more prone to forgetting to check the chamber first, thus defeating its own purpose. But I've never handled one, so maybe I don't fully get the concept.

That said, I think I'd personally just stick with the 43X unless the goal is to pocket/ankle carry.

I'm carrying a 43X instead of the 43 I used to carry. LIttle larger, but fits my hand better and has 3 more rounds, (Pierce +1 in the 43).

If you do go with a 43, I'd put Talon Wraps on it.

Back
Top Bottom