MBTA officer shot by friendly fire?

One UK source reported the MUSLIM MURDERERS had (1) Long Gun and (1) Handgun.

Another source reported they murdered the MIT Officer so as to acquire his Handgun.

So they had either (2) or (3) Firearms all told. Not exactly an Arsenal.

They were not able to get the handgun from the MIT cop. It appears to have been a Safariland retention holster and they couldnt' figure out how to release the pistol. Their fingerprints were on the gun, but it was still with the officer.

Can someone explain what was so hard about pulling the gun out of the holster? If it's easy for a police officer to draw, how can it be hard for a bad guy to take it off of someone who is dead.

What I was told was "Incoming full auto" from a Police Officer and USMC vet who was there. I believe very little what is reported in the media as...any recent event should show you. While people discuss whether the AR was "actually used" in Newtown, I'll wait for the "official report" on this released by the DA's office. If and when, of course, and will take that with a grain of salt as well.

Hilarious. It's a 9mm Ruger

Can someone explain what was so hard about pulling the gun out of the holster? If it's easy for a police officer to draw, how can it be hard for a bad guy to take it off of someone who is dead.

Stop by my job and try to get it out of holster... provided you've never seen an ALS

A triple retention holster usually requires manipulation of a thumb break and a hidden snap. Once those are done, you rock the gun back and unholster. It sounds complicated and it's clumsy at first but with some practice it becomes automatic. Also, it's very difficult to do if the holster isn't on your hip.

love the SFODA commentators on here.

ETA: sooooooo, any link on the MBTA guy that got shot? or are we still in a circle jerk?

Sounds like more bullshit, to validate thier action. Just make his boots nice and shiney.

Sorry you got pushed around by bigger kids. Again not taking/validating LE side over media, just taking the word of someone I know and trust who was there over the word of someone who says "service revolver" . But I'm sure infowars has given you the FACTS

Have you ever played with one of those level 3 retention holsters from Safariland?

If you don't know how it works, the gun will NOT come out. Thats just how it was designed.

Check this out.

Safariland Video | Model 6360

“It was the fog of war,” the official said. “There’s usually one cop and one suspect. This is unprecedented.”

Do they only practice for 1 perp?
They should go to an IDPA match or IPSC. for practice

Do they actually practice?
(my apologies in advance, I couldn't resist based on the accuracy we usually see from them)

A vastly overwhelming LE force was deployed, to not only eliminate the threat swiftly but also send a strong and clear signal. I guess for you or me, it'd be show your hands or you're dead.

Isnt that how tyrants control their sheep? Fear and intimidation. They can't control us if we're able to defend ourselves with equal firepower.

Katrina - Federal Government , You have to save us.
Feeble snowstorm - All People are "grounded" or the Police will Get you.
Marathon fugitive man hunt - martial law curfew.

The stage is set. They can and will do this us again. Think of all the fun they can have going door to door for contraband with just a few votes from the right ( lefty ) people.

OTOH , when it takes ... everybody .... to catch two killers , and the BGs kill half of themselves to even the playing field , ... and they still need a citizen to find the other half for them ... you know all that talk about how citizens with privately owned firearms could never resist the government. ? imagine a few thousand , well regulated, pissed off citizens with AR15s ... in every state at once.

Still, a neglected area where the police could use more "militarization" is on firearms and basic combat engagement of multiple opponents. If they are going to have guns and be out there on the street expected to use them as part of a job, they need to know how to engage with them in the safest way possible for the benefit of all involved, especially bystanders. Sure, maybe some of these cops are well trained and really good but the vast majority simply are not good shooters from my observation. Some can barely operate their glocks and get confused by any other platform. These are the same people we are throwing out on the streets to have at it with any suspect who is crazy enough.

No militarization is needed, one or two officers with scoped bolt action rifles could have taken care of the situation easily at that range. They would just need some basic marksmanship experience. It wasn't even 100 yards if what I read was correct.

Not to mention that the good guys were just firing away, "pop-pop-pop-pop-pop" like in a war (which they were). I strongly doubt (and it's somewhat understandable given the emotion and testosterone that ALL of us had raging last week) that the good guys were pausing, sighting, proper breathing, proper trigger squeeze etc...

Many of them were obviously just blasting away if you listen to the shootouts. I'm actually surprised MORE people weren't hit by the good guys. Note, this isn't ripping the good guys, just saying, well, hey, be honest and say "We were in a firefight" and admit a few shots went astray (like into some houses!)

I thought I heard some sort of a semi-auto or full auto shotgun going for a while near the end... Every time I hear the audio of that I hear it, very rhythmic. I can't imagine what else I am hearing.

That was absolutely PAINFUL to watch.

Painful, embarrassing with a huge dose of embellishment. So, according to the chief, these 6 trained officers were in a gunfight where the suspect got within 5-10 ft and no one took him down. Not to mention that them wildly firing "hundreds of rounds" in a densely populated area, IMO, is very irresponsible. Also, the word " hero" is so overused now that it has lost its true meaning.

I think you missed something and here it is: Check out this comment on this thread, Then think about why this went this way.
This is his posting on this thread, Not mine.

Re: Officials: Boston suspect had no firearm when barrage of bullets hit hiding place

So what. Also, who cares?

The fact that he was probably wrong and is likely an idiot makes you happy he was banned?

Who cares about what?

Read the lead up to that comment. The "So what.Also, Who cares" , was his comment about the haphazard shooting and usurption of duties and obligations of the government.

Again, his opinion.

I get it. You're all about freedom and ideas, as long as they're yours.

If someone gets silenced for doing the same thing you and others have done, it's ok with you.

So, Is that another one of your, pot calling the kettle, black, statements that you appear to be so well known for?

Also if you had read what he made that comment on, It was a total disregard for the rule of law and the Constitution. He got called on that. Why do have an issue with that? or Maybe you don't?

Whether or not I agree with him is irrelevant o my point, which you obviously don't get.

Back
Top Bottom