• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mayor says she didn't realize the real agenda of MAIG

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=5103

Another Mayor Drops Membership in "Mayors Against Illegal Guns"

Friday, August 21, 2009

Since its creation, Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) has signed up a large number of committed anti-gun politicians to its ranks. It has also signed up some politicians who failed to realize the true anti-gun nature of MAIG. A number of those mayors have resigned their membership when they learned the truth.

This past week, yet another mayor, Village of Walton Hills, Ohio Mayor Marlene Anielski (R), has resigned her membership. Mayor Anielski informed the Buckeye Firearms Association of her decision, reporting that she had not realized the real agenda of MAIG. In fact, she reported, she and her husband are NRA life members!

With the ongoing effort by MAIG to mislead the public and even its own members on its true agenda, it is no surprise that some mayors are choosing to leave the group. How many more mayors don't know what MAIG is really all about?

All NRA members should ask: Is my mayor a member of MAIG? If you do not know, check the list here.
If your mayor is on the list, contact his or her office and politely let him or her know you are opposed to his or her membership in Mayor Bloomberg's radical anti-gun organization.

Massachusetts:

Mayor Thatcher W. Kezer III

Amesbury, MA

Mayor Tom Menino (Co-Chair)

Boston, MA

Mayor James E. Harrington

Brockton, MA

Mayor E. Denise Simmons

Cambridge, MA

Mayor Michael A. Tautznik

Easthampton, MA

Mayor Robert Correia

Fall River, MA

Mayor Mark Hawke

Gardner, MA

Mayor Jim Fiorentini

Haverhill, MA

Mayor Michael J. Sullivan

Holyoke, MA

Mayor Michael Sullivan

Lawrence, MA

Mayor Edward C. Caulfield

Lowell, MA

Mayor Richard C. Howard

Malden, MA

Mayor Scott Lang

New Bedford, MA

Mayor John F. Moak

Newburyport, MA

Mayor Clare Higgins

Northampton, MA

Mayor Thomas G. Ambrosino

Revere, MA

Mayor Kimberley Driscoll

Salem, MA

Mayor Joseph A. Curtatone

Somerville, MA

Mayor Domenic Sarno

Springfield, MA

Mayor Susan M. Kay

Weymouth, MA

I think I asked this before, What is their "true" agenda!? Then we could write to our Mayors in our towns and tell them how EVIL these guys really are!

What is their "true" agenda? From a quick look at their website, it seems that they state their agenda to be combating illegal guns and people who use guns illegally. I don't see the problem with this on the surface. Anyone care to enlighten me?

What is their "true" agenda? From a quick look at their website, it seems that they state their agenda to be combating illegal guns and people who use guns illegally. I don't see the problem with this on the surface. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Simple, really. These hoplophobic hermaphrodites are interested only in legislating and regulating into existence more ways to make your guns illegal.

The people who started it (Mainly Bloomberg and Mumbles) are two of the most anti gun Mayors in existence. Bloomberg has proved that he is a hard core anti, too.

This isn't about stopping violent crime- it's about entrenching concepts of the disarmament of private citizens.

Much of the proposals MAIG has supported include things like "gun a month", mandatory gun registration, ballistic fingerprinting, banning so called "assault weapons" etc... all things which adversely affect the non-criminal gun owner.

There is rarely such a thing as "gun control that has no corresponding loss of civil rights cost" on the back end. Be very leery of individuals trying to tell you otherwise.

-Mike

Mumbles passes lots of gun laws, the violent crime rate goes up... Mumbles passes MORE GUN LAWS, the violent crime rate goes up more...

Hmmmm... anyone see a pattern? Apparently the media is blind to this.

The people who started it (Mainly Bloomberg and Mumbles) are two of the most anti gun Mayors in existence. Bloomberg has proved that he is a hard core anti, too.

This isn't about stopping violent crime- it's about entrenching concepts of the disarmament of private citizens.

Much of the proposals MAIG has supported include things like "gun a month", mandatory gun registration, ballistic fingerprinting, banning so called "assault weapons" etc... all things which adversely affect the non-criminal gun owner.

There is rarely such a thing as "gun control that has no corresponding loss of civil rights cost" on the back end. Be very leery of individuals trying to tell you otherwise.

-Mike

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I wonder how many mayors are members without having thought it through.

Back
Top Bottom