Mayor Lori Lightfoot fires Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson for intentionally misleading her

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Mayor Lori Lightfoot fires Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson for intentionally misleading her

Mayor Lori Lightfoot fired police Superintendent Eddie Johnson effective immediately Monday for intentionally misleading her and the public about his conduct when he was found asleep in his running vehicle at a stop sign after a late weeknight out in October.

“This moment needs to be a turning point for the Chicago Police Department and the way things are done in this city,” said Lightfoot, emphasizing that “culture change” must take place.

Former Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck, previously named Johnson’s interim successor, was on a flight to Chicago and would immediately take control of the beleaguered department, Lightfoot told reporters.

1. That he “engaged in conduct that is not only unbecoming but demonstrated a series of ethical lapses and flawed decision-making” in the incident in October.

2. That the superintendent called a news conference later the day of the incident in which he communicated “a narrative replete with false statements, all seemingly intended to hide the true nature of his conduct from the evening before.”

3. That Johnson intentionally lied to the mayor several times, “even when I challenged him about the narrative that he shared with me.”

On Monday, Lightfoot told reporters she had reviewed the city inspector general’s report into the October incident and videotaped evidence that left her with no choice but to fire Johnson.

“I saw things that were inconsistent with what Mr. Johnson had told me personally and what he revealed to members of the public,” she said.

With the inspector general’s report still not public, Lightfoot declined to be more specific about what the videotaped evidence showed but hinted that it would be hurtful to Johnson’s family.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He committed several cardinal sins in Chitcagostan.
He commented last year that he thought it was a good idea for average citizens to have firearms to protect themselves and most recently called out Smollett on his fake race attack.
Not good carrier moves in that part of the world.
The timing of a few weeks before he could retire was a big old fuuuuu*k you.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
there HAS to be more to this story than this. This cop survives in uber corrupt shitcago for decades, and then is fired weeks before he retires??? He had to have done more than just passing out drunk in his car! That would have been swept under the carpet in an instant.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
there HAS to be more to this story than this. This cop survives in uber corrupt shitcago for decades, and then is fired weeks before he retires??? He had to have done more than just passing out drunk in his car! That would have been swept under the carpet in an instant.
Drunk driving may have gotten swept under the rug decades ago, but no longer. It is pretty much a career ender for cops these days. I’m not say that cops don’t still drive drunk — just that there are consequences if they get caught.

Top Bottom