• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mayor Daley offers to shoot reporter to prove gun ban works...

Mayor Daley loves to bag on the local media, and given my recent line of inquiry into his politics and policies, I’ve never expected to be greeted with a fruit basket at City Hall.

But even I was a bit taken aback this morning when the mayor grabbed a rifle and threatened to shoot me.

The mayor was holding a press conference to discuss what the city was doing to prepare for the Supreme Court’s expected decision to overturn the city’s gun ban. The short answer: all sorts of things, but we’ll just have to wait until the court weighs in next month to find out the details. “We’re hoping for the best,” Daley said.

Guns are one of the mayor’s favorite soapbox topics—he regularly goes out of his way to point out that he despises gun manufacturers and “extremists” like the NRA. “It’s really amazing how powerful they are,” he said today, standing next to a table covered with handguns, rifles, and even a machine gun that police had seized. “They’re bigger than the oil industry, bigger than the gas industry, bigger than Google, bigger than President Obama and the rest of them."

READ MORE

Has he been arrested for Assault for pointing a firearm at someone yet?

Also, it seems pretty clear that his intent was to terrorize people for political means, sounds like an act of terroism to me.

Even in New Hampshire, pointing a gun at someone and threatening to shoot them is criminal assault.

Wouldn't the mayor shooting him prove the opposite? That an innocent person has no way of defending themselves from lawless lunatics, and is going to get shot regardless of whether there's a ban or not?

Gun manufacturers combined are smaller than Home Depot.

He's refering to the collective political power of Firearms Manufacturers, NRA, Firearms Owners and 2nd Ammendment Supporters. As a voting block, we are politically more powerful than Wallstreet, Auto Manufacturers or Big Oil.

Typical gun-banner response - when you challenge his beliefs, he's the first to offer violence. And he assumes that everyone else is as undisciplined as he is. He projects his own immaturity onto everyone else.
crazy.gif

What a looney tune. Apparently we need to keep the guns away from gun banners as they clearly don't have any sort of discipline to control their anger issues.

If the situation was reversed, that reporter would be sittin in the slammer right now.
The mayor needs his ass beat.
Can't public officials be fired on the grounds of blatant stupidity? Please?

If the situation was reversed, that reporter would be sittin in the slammer right now.
The mayor needs his ass beat.
Can't public officials be fired on the grounds of blatant stupidity? Please?

In Sh*tcago? [rofl] [laugh2] [laugh]

Hell no, he's perfect for the "O" administration, just like all the other stupid criminals working there.

Doesn't Mayor Daley own guns? I think there was a rumor a few years ago that he had some in his Michigan vacation home.

O'Donnell, Daley and Feinstein are all a bunch of hypocrites. They're all gun owners or employ gun owners to protect themselves, but they don't want any "mundane" from being able to protect his or herself.

Daley offers to shoot reporter: nothing happens.

California man calls Daley with same offer: gets arrested.

California man charged with threatening Mayor Daley
May 27, 2010

Mayor Daley's sarcastic remark last week about shoving a gun up the rear of an inquisitive reporter and firing a round apparently reached California.

A San Jose, Calif., man was arrested Thursday for allegedly leaving a phone message at Daley's office threatening to do the same to the mayor, a source said.

Christopher Fox, 39, was charged with making a threat against a public official, authorities said.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=1821185

Back
Top Bottom