• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maybe I'm in the minority...but

I am not a "green" member of Northeastshooters...maybe I should be but I not. Are the majority of active members "green"? I ask this because twice in the last few days I've noticed threads that I've been following being "moved" into the member forum and I have no access to continue reading them to see the outcome. WHY? Did Marcus in the Darkus' Intruder thread become so controversial that the mods don't want "outsiders" to read it? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand the logic. I've been participating here for a while now, have bought and sold fireaems and accessories from the classifieds. I enjoy the banter, photos, everything and most everyone I've dealt with to date. I suddenly feel like the fat kid with glasses (which I was most of my teenage years) forced to sit with the other geeks to watch the jocks and the cheerleaders have all the fun at the "popular" table. If I'm in the minority and most everybody else is a paid up green member that this doesn't effect or bother...then forgive my ignorance and I'll try to stop getting too interested in any threads. I just want to understand the reasoning. Thanks

I am not a "green" member of Northeastshooters...maybe I should be but I not. Are the majority of active members "green"? I ask this because twice in the last few days I've noticed threads that I've been following being "moved" into the member forum and I have no access to continue reading them to see the outcome. WHY? Did Marcus in the Darkus' Intruder thread become so controversial that the mods don't want "outsiders" to read it? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand the logic. I've been participating here for a while now, have bought and sold fireaems and accessories from the classifieds. I enjoy the banter, photos, everything and most everyone I've dealt with to date. I suddenly feel like the fat kid with glasses (which I was most of my teenage years) forced to sit with the other geeks to watch the jocks and the cheerleaders have all the fun at the "popular" table. If I'm in the minority and most everybody else is a paid up green member that this doesn't effect or bother...then forgive my ignorance and I'll try to stop getting too interested in any threads. I just want to understand the reasoning. Thanks

Join up man, great group buys. Also the "Intruder" thread was moved because boston.com and universalhub.com decided to re-print the story and link to the thread. Universalhub.com members are now mocking gun owners for our views... http://www.universalhub.com/node/13510

That Thread was moved by the Mods per Marcus's request as it had info he felt should not have been made available thanks to the Boston.com page. just a FYI.

You should go Green though.I was on here for a while before I became green too. The Group Buys are the best part..Plus gives you a secured area for posting. The Members Section.

Because the OP did not want this to be a public display for folks on Boston.com or TheHub Marcus should have likely posted that thread originally in the Members Section for that very reason. It's not that the thread was controversial - it's that Marcus didn't want that much attention focused on where/how he lives...

PS: We'd love to have you on board!

With the Intruder thread, due to personal info he posted the mods moved it to the members side. (due to the increased exposure from boston.com)

It is a good reminder to never post anything on the net that you don't want everyone in the world to know.

I do suggest you pony up the 19 bucks as then you cam come to shoots, Like the one on July 4th, but it is up to you. there is no intent to exclude you btw.

It had personal information that he didn't want the crazies to see. He requested it be moved to the members forum.

ETA: WOW am I slow... [grin]

Carguy, to see who's green and who's not, click on "Members List" at the top of the page, and then click on "posts" to sort by how many posts the member has. You'll see who the top posters and who's green and who's not.

Come on in, the water's fine!

Sorry! I didn't even think of the privacy issue. I don't blame him at all or the relocation of the thread. The sudden relocation of a couple recently (probably for the same reason) had me feeling the unwanted outsider...8~(

I know I need to pony up but...there's always an excuse and I'm sure you've heard them all and probably have a few yourself. I will eventually!

Thanks

I've been participating here for a while now, have bought and sold fireafms and accessories from the classifieds. I enjoy the banter, photos, everything and most everyone I've dealt with to date.

Cool! Yeah, the free classifieds are great. Most other local places you have to pay a commission. The people here are cool too - lots of good information.

You know what? It's too bad there isn't a way to show how much we appreciate the time, effort, and expense that Derek puts into this place. I mean, he's got a full time job, a family, and a long commute, but still keeps this place for us. It also must cost him some dough to buy the server space and keep this place running.

Does anybody know a way that I can kick...oh, I don't know... maybe $19 or so his way to kinda say, "Thanks"?

Wow. I just went through the thread over at Universalhub that was referenced above and nearly the only comment worth quoting is this one:

"... Where are the comments like "I am glad your wife is ok" "I am sorry that your wife had to experience such a traumatic event" No, what I see if a bunch of folks saying, OMG! What if the intruder was harmed!?!, will little disregard for the mans family. This is typical, make the intruder the victim and the victim the aggressor... "

What a bunch (for the most part) of sheeple.

And Marcus... I'm glad that you and your wife are ok.

Join: It will do you good.

I was thinking of becoming Green but I keep remembering what Kermit said about it not easy being Green.

Anyway: Now I no longer have a Credit Card thanks to Hannafords security breach and I would have to Barter somthing worth $19. Maybe a Guinune Stainless Stell Zippo Lighter? or something else..

Maybe I could wite an artical that would be worth $19? How much per word could I get for something like this?

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the Government, they survive as soldiers of fortune.

soldier.jpg

What ever you do DO NOT GO GREEN!
It's a move you'll never regret and will be a source of happiness and even pride.
Trust me it's one of the best investments you can make, so, avoid it at all costs.
I'm currently contemplating suing Derek, the mods, and all the contributors to NES for using the internet for its intended purpose; to bring individuals of diverse backgrounds and experience together to form a rich and open community in which you can vehemently flame someone one minute and then verbally hug-it-out the next.
This forum has way too much discussion, deliberation, and dissemination of information, inspiration, support & entertainment. $19.00?!?!?!? Per month and it'd still be worth it. So, just say no.

Join up man, great group buys. Also the "Intruder" thread was moved because boston.com and universalhub.com decided to re-print the story and link to the thread. Universalhub.com members are now mocking gun owners for our views... http://www.universalhub.com/node/13510

Wow, I wish some how I could get back the 20 minutes I just wasted at that site. [rolleyes]

Universalhub... It should be Sheeple town. Those replies were unbelievable. I imagine they would be the first ones to complain that the Police weren't around to protect them in an emergency.

Back
Top Bottom