1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

May I float an idea, I'd like to get your input and gauge interest in patriot idea.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WayneWong, Nov 17, 2010.

1. WayneWong

WayneWong

In light of our POS governors ascension to the throne for 4 more years, and his desire to use our hard earned money to welcome illegals into Massachusetts, I was thinking of ways we could starve the beast.

Obviously, legal tax avoidance is one way.

Would there be any interest in taking a luxury charter bus into tax free New Hampshire for Christmas shopping, having lunch or dinner up there, and stopping at at a gun shop or two? It would be for patriots...NES, tea partiers, repubs, conservatives, like minded people....

Yes, I know, we may be hurting local business a bit. I am not suggesting you boycott your local mom and pop where you have loyalty.

Perhaps, if this is successful, we can make it a regular thing and other groups will copy cat. Maybe we can make a powerful statement. Power of the purse. If there is interest, I'll do some research.

1 person likes this.

2. Admin

Admin Staff Member Administrator Moderator NES Member

Awesome idea!

3. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    You do realize that all people on the bus will be branded and Traitors to the Realm of the PRM, and that the DOR will be waiting five feet over the border to collect use tax on all your stuff.....[shocked]

Seriously, I'm pretty pro-immigration of the new folks are going to contribute to the economy and society, even in the short term, but hearing the Gov crowing abotu his plans to give illegals in-state tuition, and driver's licenses p!ssed me off....

I wonder if the illegal is going to have to jump through as many hoops as my nephew for the driver's license? I'm sure that in the interest of fairness, they will.....[rolleyes]

4. WayneWong

WayneWong

If the DOR stops us on the way back and demand use tax, I'll pay it gracefully and peaceably. Of course, I suppose a video might go viral on you tube and get picked up by every talk radio show and tv channel across the country. Might be a little embarrassing for the state. Might get us a lot of exposure and support.

5. SheepDog_B

SheepDog_B

I don't like buses and I'd get car sick if I wasn't driving. I'll follow in my truck.
    Sending a real message to the commies on the hill sounds good.

6. Super99Z

Super99Z NES Member

Count me in

7. Woodstock

Woodstock NES Member

People are quietly doing this already - tires, appliances, lawn tractors, etc. The bus trip might make a statement, but it could encourage the authorities to make their own statement with increased patrols, spies in the NH parking lots, etc. They've done it before with liquor sales.
    Having said that, I'm all in favor of buying in NH. Somebody needs to print up some "Screw Mass. taxes - Shop New Hampshire" bumper stickers.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. jenlynn724

jenlynn724

I know of many little old lady groups that do this already, and have been for years.. N. Conway is a popular destination.

9. tele_mark

tele_mark

Sounds like an interesting idea! And those of us with smart phones could spend the ride time buying stuff off of Amazon Tax Free.

Just kidding, of course, that would be illegal and unethical. I'll just pay my taxes like a patriotic American............

10. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman NES Door Greeter

They have buses that go up for medications into Canada - this is something along those same lines.
    I like the idea.

11. atilla

atilla

open carry bus trip.

12. GunGrey

GunGrey Banned

people are reallying being stoped and made to pay sales tax to MA on things they bought in NH?

13. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

If you are worried about not giving your business to the "local mom & pop store" - the first thing you should do is wander in and try to gauge who they voted for in the last election.

If they voted for Deval - or ANY Democrat - then you SHOULD take your business elsewhere - and you should tell them right to their face WHY you will never shop there any more.

Then as you are leaving - you should give them a nice big middle finger as you wave money in front of them that they will never see from you ever again.

People who support and vote for this kind of crap NEED TO feel the pain of their decisions and they need to suffer the consequences of their actions. One less liberal owned business in business is that much less money being fed into the coffers.

14. TomH

TomH

If you really care that much, just leave the state altogether. Your income tax is probably greater than your shopping taxes. If you do get a bus, don't use a company based in MA, your dollars will be going to the state that way.

I like it.

15. Pete85

Pete85

I haven't heard of it being taken that far yet, but some have been called on it for credit/debit card receipts. There was also a big case a year or two ago where the Mass DOR sued a Town Fair Tire in NH near the border because they were selling tires, and installing them on cars with MA tags without collecting the sales tax. MA lost the case, and in response NH created legislation to protect their MA guests that are patronizing NH businesses.

16. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

MA State Police have staked out and NH liquor stores and then stopped people who came out with cases of booze and drove back into MA with it.

There was a whole thread on this here on NES - quite a while back.

17. PeacefulMuslim

PeacefulMuslim

For what it is worth. There is a group of us that frequents N.H. about every two months. Started about a year ago. We make a day of it and head north. Buy what we need and come back. We are depriving the state of Ma. probably peanuts but just knowing that our money is not helping with all the B.S. social services makes it feel pretty good! If one of the group can't make it we pick up whatever it is that was needed.[smile]

18. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Yeah but this is old hat. NH moved against this practice and there was a showdown where basically NHSP said they would arrest MSP people caught doing this. I don't think there has ever been similar actions since that happened.

-Mike

19. Twigg

Twigg

Yep. IIRC Vermont does this to its subjects as well.

20. massamerican

massamerican

I work in NH and pay mass income tax so I buy everything I can in NH, I'm pissed at the stupid voters in mass that put all these corrupt a**h***s back in power but I will not stop fighting them. I look at the statue of Captain Issac Davis at the bridge in Concord and wonder if it will come to this again. We really need to make our voices heard. We need to assemble at the state house and let old deval not everyone in mass is with him...

21. bullseye

bullseye NES Member

Grid 17S with bugout longterm shelter and great fi
    When does it leave, I'm coming to protest taxes altogether!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010