• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

May 21, 2017 Special USPSA Classifier match at Bradford

Hi Folks -

In the spirit of fairness, we want to give everyone ample time to prepare for this match. The following Classifiers will most likely be used. Any changes will be announced as soon as they are determined.

99-10 Times Two

99-22 Nuevo El Presidente

13-02 Down the middle

09-02 Diamond Cutter

09-14 Eye of the Tiger

09-04 Pucker Factor

Alt: 99-12 Take your choice

Alt: 13-08 More Disaster Factor

Register for this match at: https://practiscore.com/clubs/bradford-action-shooters

Thanks and see you there!

BAS

Okay, dumb question: will all of these scores count towards your classification? Example, an unclassified shooter shows up for his first match, shoots these six classifiers, the four best scores will be used to establish the shooter's classification - is this correct?

Okay, dumb question: will all of these scores count towards your classification? Example, an unclassified shooter shows up for his first match, shoots these six classifiers, the four best scores will be used to establish the shooter's classification - is this correct?

Corrrect. This is why clubs run these matches, so new shooters can get classified quickly.

Not necessarily.

It's quite possible to zero a stage (or 3) A classifier score that is less than 2% will not be used towards an initial classification.

Sorry about that! I changed the reply message in the wrong place. Its corrected now and should read as follows:

Thanks for signing up!

You're all set for Bradford's USPSA Special Classifier match Sunday, May 21st, 2017. The following Classifiers will very likely be used in the match:

99-10 Times Two

99-22 Nuevo El Presidente

13-02 Down the middle

09-02 Diamond Cutter

09-14 Eye of the Tiger

09-04 Pucker Factor

Alt: 99-12 Take your choice

Alt: 13-08 More Disaster Factor

Thanks for signing up and we'll see you there!

BAS

Not necessarily.

It's quite possible to zero a stage (or 3) A classifier score that is less than 2% will not be used towards an initial classification.

I'll have to try extra hard then to make sure that I am at least 2.5% to give myself a comfortable margin.

What divisions do you run at Bradford?

ETA Forget it, I see that you only run the old stuff. Not interested.

Big thank you to the Bradford team for organizing the match!

Smooth, efficient, stress free (other than stress from timer!)

CTjer -

I took the best total score of either match and submitted it to USPSA in a single match file. That's what your seeing in the above Practiscore link and on the USPSA website. LOL - yeah it was a lot of work to sort through it! ;) Next time I think we'll try setting it up as one match with shooters CTjer 1, CTjer 2, etc...

Thanks & Best -

Jack

Yikes! It is a good thing that I had two other classifiers scores on the books because I ran 3 D's and a zero on Sunday. It looks like I will be a low mid C at about 47% to start. Need to get much faster.

Yikes! It is a good thing that I had two other classifiers scores on the books because I ran 3 D's and a zero on Sunday. It looks like I will be a low mid C at about 47% to start. Need to get much faster.

If your hitting all As you're probably shooting too slow. If you're hitting more than 1 D you're shooting too fast.

Easy to ZERO some of those classifiers (well for me at least).

Got initially classified as a 'C' after this match.

Much work to do myself, but you gotta start somewhere.

Speed and accuracy are not dependent on each other. I have never thought I shot a stage too fast, just to inaccurately.

Shoot all As as fast as you can

I disagree with that in general, but especially in the context of a classifier match. I seem to recall a video with TGO putting 1 - 10 rounds on a target in a fixed amount of time. As the number of rounds he was getting off increased, his accuracy suffered. Almost like there can be a tradeoff between speed and accuracy.

I disagree with that in general, but especially in the context of a classifier match. I seem to recall a video with TGO putting 1 - 10 rounds on a target in a fixed amount of time. As the number of rounds he was getting off increased, his accuracy suffered. Almost like there can be a tradeoff between speed and accuracy.

It takes the same amount of time to shoot a D as it does an A

Easy to ZERO some of those classifiers (well for me at least).

Got initially classified as a 'C' after this match.

Much work to do myself, but you gotta start somewhere.

Yeah, same here with a C, but I was hoping for a B. Ran the first stage at 56%, so I was hoping that the rest were going to be even better. That wasn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom