Maximum time to receive LTC after application

Sparky1911

NES Member
Hey all. I posted a controversial thread on licensing in Framingham. The residents there are really being screwed.
Framingham put a 2-3 month hold on taking any new apps for new LTC’s. So they finally started again in early January.
My buddy got his meet with officer and put in his app. He was told 60-90 days. He’s on day 75 and called the hotline number. He was told Framingham had not even submitted the app to them for the background check.
What is the LEGAL amount of time for this and a MGL # or section.
Thanks all

I renewed my LTC in early February and was told to call in early June if they don’t call me first…..was told the delay is on the State side.

I bet they cashed you $100 dollar check though . I wonder if that could be any recourse if check was cashed if lawyer was to get involved
Report that to the Attorney General for unfair business practices.

(sarcasm)

I renewed my LTC in early February and was told to call in early June if they don’t call me first…..was told the delay is on the State side.
By "June", you mean "March"?

Last edited:
Report that to the Attorney General for unfair business practices.
853baec7-34be-4df4-b2d0-dd975b1c91f9_text.gif

That’s BS. I renewed in February by seeing the licensing officer on Feb 6th after waiting 5 days for an appointment. I then received my renewal in the mail on March 20th.

The state is not delaying anything.

I appreciate my city for never screwing around and streamlining the process. They used to have an officer do it and now it is an admin. In and out in 7 minutes. They even mail the license now, no need to go to PD again.

No June, expires June 4, but the nice Sargent assured me I was still legal to carry but couldn’t purchase a firearm or ammo If it comes in after June 4.
I purchased firearms and ammo with my expired LTC while waiting for my renewals to arrive, Go to the portal and do a 1 day ltc validation, even worked at walmart for ammo, A good tip.... If the portal in unable to validate your LTC, it means a new licence has been issued and is either in the mail to the PD, or to you, mine took about 8-10 day to make it to me after the portal was unable to validate old LTC

In February I renewed mine in Foxboro. Took less than a month to get the license. Wife got her initial license in the same timeframe.

They lie
Proof: Some towns get it done on time, others take a year, same state process, submitted through the same state system. The difference is the town.

Are there any laws against public officials lying to the public? Is the CoP a public official?

I know of a Framingham resident that is ~120 days, and counting, from application. Probably longer, actually....they may have put their app in before the first of the year, as I don't believe that they had the now-required in-person interview.
Framingham has been doing in person interviews for decades, not everyone, just some. and what passes for an interview would vary a lot.

Framingham has been doing in person interviews for decades, not everyone, just some. and what passes for an interview would vary a lot.
My kid did not get an in-person for his LTC or FID.

Not saying you're wrong, but every person I know in Framingham before the change in MGLs was a drop-off, then come back for pix and prints, then come back when it's ready for pickup.

Perhaps I just know less-skeevy people! [laugh]

My kid did not get an in-person for his LTC or FID.

Not saying you're wrong, but every person I know in Framingham before the change in MGLs was a drop-off, then come back for pix and prints, then come back when it's ready for pickup.

Perhaps I just know less-skeevy people! [laugh]
The pics and prints are the interview. But yes that’s how they do it.

I know of a Framingham resident that is ~120 days, and counting, from application. Probably longer, actually....they may have put their app in before the first of the year, as I don't believe that they had the now-required in-person interview.
I know a younger guy (Son of one of the guys I’ve worked with for over 20 years) got his Ltc in Framingham last year. Took 6 months

They have been using the same bullsh*t excuse since I got my LTC over 12 years ago.

Hey all. I posted a controversial thread on licensing in Framingham. The residents there are really being screwed.
Framingham put a 2-3 month hold on taking any new apps for new LTC’s. So they finally started again in early January.
My buddy got his meet with officer and put in his app. He was told 60-90 days. He’s on day 75 and called the hotline number. He was told Framingham had not even submitted the app to them for the background check.
What is the LEGAL amount of time for this and a MGL # or section.
Thanks all
The longest wait time for me was on my renewal in 2017, it was 93 days from the day the PD took my application.

Back
Top Bottom