• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mauser 1910 and Mauser 1914

Just completed a pair of Mauser pistols. The little one is new and it is a model 1910 made in 1913 in 6.35. The larger one is a 1914 made in the 1920's in 7.65. I think I have found a new branch to collect. Paired 32 and 25's. IMG_2245.jpg

Last edited:
They are neat pistols. I've never owned one but I've disassembled and cleaned two different friends' guns. They are fairly easy to completely disassemble past the basic field strip.

They are neat pistols. I've never owned one but I've disassembled and cleaned two different friends' guns. They are fairly easy to completely disassemble past the basic field strip.

I find the little pistols, both 32 and 25 made from 1900 to 1939 to be very interesting. Some day I will have to get them all together for a group photo. I really like the German ones. Perhaps Juergan can confirm this for me, but my understanding is that Germany made so many 25 and 32 pistols after WWI because they were restricted by the Treaty of Versaille from making guns with a larger bore. But half of mine are German.

Another Mauser I always liked is the HSc. I've had two of them but they were both post-war Interarms imports chambered in .380. One blued and one satin nickeled. Sold them both to fund other projects but I have been keeping my eye out for a shooter-grade WWII 7.65mm HSc. Not that I should be buying any more guns in the near future considering I've got a wedding coming up in less than a year that I've gotta save some scratch for. [laugh]

Another Mauser I always liked is the HSc. I've had two of them but they were both post-war Interarms imports chambered in .380. One blued and one satin nickeled. Sold them both to fund other projects but I have been keeping my eye out for a shooter-grade WWII 7.65mm HSc. Not that I should be buying any more guns in the near future considering I've got a wedding coming up in less than a year that I've gotta save some scratch for. [laugh]

Wedding vs. guns. Come on... get your priorities straight! ;) I am lucky. My wife is fairly tolerable of my addiction.

I finally picked up the HSc not too long ago. I have the 38H as well. What I really need now is the Luger and the PP. But those are big bucks and that may never happen. The Germans and the Americans seemed to really be most on the ball in terms of gun design for the first half of the century.
DSCF0330.JPG

Mauser HSc Army 4th Variation with Eagle N and 135 marks. 1943

Last edited:
Wedding vs. guns. Come on... get your priorities straight! ;) I am lucky. My wife is fairly tolerable of my addiction.

What I really need now is the Luger and the PP. But those are big bucks and that may never happen.

You don't have a Luger yet? And you preach about priorities to me!! [wink]

I have three Lugers. When I first started getting into milsurps I thought I'd never even be able to afford one, let alone three! I had a 1943 Walther PP a few years ago but it was chrome and gold plated. [puke2] It shot well and I was considering having it restored but the cost of that would have been at least twice what I paid for the gun so I abandoned that idea and sold it at a slight profit.

Just found one of the pics I took of that PP before I sold it....
walther001.jpg

And here's the 1917 DWM that someone nickel'd and probably let sit in a basement for 50+ years. When I got it, the toggle train was seized, and the magazine was seized in the gun. The firing pin was seized in the breech block... basically every-freakin-thing was seized up!! I dowsed it in Kroil overnight and started disassembling it the following day. After freeing everything up and cleaning the hell out of it, I brought it to the range and fired 32 rounds through it without one failure. It's accurate enough to print a saucer plate-sized group at 15 yards. Amazing, considering the shape it was in when I bought it.
191701.jpg
1917002.jpg

Here is the very nice shape 1915 DWM that I've only shot once. All original parts down to the grips. Non-matching magazine of course.
1915P08019.jpg

Last but not least my 1941 byf, with the AC43 P38 that I sold not long ago. I don't have as much interest in the P38's as I do the P08's for some reason.
LugerWalther.jpg

Last edited:
LOL... it is a bigger name.. but there are better guns. ;) I do not have a 1911 either, but I think I missed the boat on that one. I should have picked one up when they were only $500.

You don't have a Luger yet? And you preach about priorities to me!! [wink]

I have three Lugers. When I first started getting into milsurps I thought I'd never even be able to afford one, let alone three! I had a 1943 Walther PP a few years ago but it was chrome and gold plated. [puke2] It shot well and I was considering having it restored but the cost of that would have been at least twice what I paid for the gun so I abandoned that idea and sold it at a slight profit.

LOL... it is a bigger name.. but there are better guns. ;)

Truth. Lugers are cool and interesting and fun to shoot but I would never rely on one for a self defense gun. Prone to jamming and stovepipes and FTF's like you wouldn't believe. Death grip is required and when you find the right ammo that the gun likes, you gotta stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom