• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura Says Printing 3D Guns in Ma. Illegal

(Zapp, the note of sarcasm / venom in my post is borne from frustration with the simple minded Maura's of the world, not directed at you)

No offense taken at all.
I don't know why so many people have their panties in a wad over this stuff, people have been making homemade guns for ages, and they'll continue to do so even if 3D printers are banned. In fact, with modern affordable CNC machines, you can make your own homemade guns better than they have ever been in the past.
My uncles told me stories about people making crude zip-guns back in the 50's & 60's, using whatever materials they could find, with plumbing parts being especially popular. Are they going to outlaw plumbing fittings or require a special license to purchase and possess them ???

Google "zip guns" and you'll find all kinds of bizarre things like this:

600x450

plumbingzipgun.jpg

Everybody calm down and take a breath. I, in my infinite wisdom, have decided that 3d printed guns are hereby completely legal in MA. Seeing as I have just as much authority to “decide” they are legal, as the Fuhrer has to “decide” they are illegal, plus the fact that I have at least a minimal grasp of reality, means my decision carries precedence.

Problem solved. You are welcome.

Print away!

... I'm skeptical a .380 did THAT to the gun.

Just perhaps they used a .380 Mag, used PLA instead of ABS and maybe used a low percentage of infill. Then, yes, no question, that 'splosion would be the result.

Imagine the good leaving-alone the issue would get if
60 Minutes tried to demonstrate a printed gun,
but they all kept blowing up.

I suppose Marsha could forbid them as a consumer rip-off
because they don't work.

BTW, I wonder how thoroughly Village Vault examines the guns they steal
before selling them to an innocent party;
to ensure that they don't have latent defects?

Google "zip guns" and you'll find all kinds of bizarre things like this

That second one is downright Steampunk.

Back
Top Bottom