Maura on NPR

Maura Healy was on NPR the other day. I was listening to it and it was amazing. Every single caller showered her with admiration. One caller asked her if Massachusetts could secede from the union. Another called her a saint. The assault weapon situation didn't come up but my feeling is that all of these people would be 100% supportive. She can do no wrong.

My take away from listening to it was that there is nearly zero chance that we'll get anywhere with the AWB litigation. They love her.

I know it was NPR but this is how >60% of Mass residents feel. We are screwed.

The listenership of NPR is vastly left wing. I would've expected nothing less.

I tried to call in about a week ago when they Jim and Marjorie (Boston Public Radio) were talking about how "Republicans" and the "NRA" would try and use the Congressional baseball practice shooting to double-down on the "only thing that can stop a bad-guy with a gun is a good-guy with a gun" message (which I agree with, and is exactly what happened at the baseball field, if DCPD hadn't had 2 there to chauffeur Scalise it would have been much worse).

Jim was concerned that Republicans would try to push through national reciprocity (I wish), and claimed it would allow people from States with open carry to do so in MA....nope. Marjorie was terrified by the idea that she might go to her kid's baseball game and be sitting next to people who might be packing a pistol....

I tried calling in for over 30 minutes, never got through to even the screener. Really wanted to correct Jim's erroneous and fear provoking idea of what national (concealed carry) reciprocity would mean, and REALLY wanted to let Marjorie know that as long as the baseball field wasn't on school property, there might have been individuals concealed carrying legally at those games she has been attending already.

There are some liberals really criticizing both Maura and Martha Coakley for their handling of the multiple drug-lab scandals/problems/cover-ups, but not the AWB interpretation for sure.

Last edited:
I'd end up smashing my radio if I had to listen to that greasy substance leaking out of my butt speaker.

Sadly its just more of the same old same old in this state. How she was only sentenced to 18 months is beyond me and they wanted to cover it up. If I was the prosecutor I'd be pissed.

Half of the NPR audience thinks it's Nice Polite Republicans and conservatively biased. Anything to the right of Zinn and Chomsky is Reich-wing111!! To them. Maura could go all Pol Pot on toddlers and they would still be fawning over her.

Are 60% of Mass residents judges?

Because the re-interpreted AWB isn't really subject to the popular vote.

(Sadly) it will be up to a court to decide.

Is Maura a judge? Has that stopped her?
point is, she is extremely popular and loved by majority of the state. And she's backed 100% by the politicians too

Why are the female politicians in our state sooooo angry when they are already getting their wishes. We need a local "Trumpish" figure to run for office. The reaction of these women would be priceless!

Maura Healy Governor 2018... just wait.

186d441de917652ccdc8d671699c876c.jpg

MA won't be able to succeed, you all are soon to get the boot!! Zero guns inside of 128/495. The results will be hilarious.

I tried to call in about a week ago when they Jim and Marjorie (Boston Public Radio) were talking about how "Republicans" and the "NRA" would try and use the Congressional baseball practice shooting to double-down on the "only thing that can stop a bad-guy with a gun is a good-guy with a gun" message (which I agree with, and is exactly what happened at the baseball field, if DCPD hadn't had 2 there to chauffeur Scalise it would have been much worse).

Jim was concerned that Republicans would try to push through national reciprocity (I wish), and claimed it would allow people from States with open carry to do so in MA....nope. Marjorie was terrified by the idea that she might go to her kid's baseball game and be sitting next to people who might be packing a pistol....

I tried calling in for over 30 minutes, never got through to even the screener. Really wanted to correct Jim's erroneous and fear provoking idea of what national (concealed carry) reciprocity would mean, and REALLY wanted to let Marjorie know that as long as the baseball field wasn't on school property, there might have been individuals concealed carrying legally at those games she has been attending already.

There are some liberals really criticizing both Maura and Martha Coakley for their handling of the multiple drug-lab scandals/problems/cover-ups, but not the AWB interpretation for sure.

For all we know they may already have selected callers lined up and not let anyone else through to the screeners when certain subjects could come up. Kind of like how some news websites cut the comment section out of certain stories.

I know for a fact some WGBH call in shows only allow preselected callers lined up and vetted prior to the air date. Doubt WBUR or NPR are any different.

I know for a fact some WGBH call in shows only allow preselected callers lined up and vetted prior to the air date. Doubt WBUR or NPR are any different.

This and similar behavior by the media, is the reason so many snowflacks and media pundits were surprise Nov 8 and are suffering from Trump derangement syndrome. They been spouting the same shit for so long, and only let stem and associate with people that spout they same shit. They now believe their own bullshit

The audience for that dump does not represent the majority of shit in this state.
If it did , like others have said they wouldn't need to line up pre selected shills and make the pretext that it's just your average M******* calling in.
We really need to get over the victim mentality in this state.
If it was that far off , we would make CA. look like a gun owners paradise.
In case no one noticed they had Maura do their dirty work rather than stand up and do it themselves publicly.
That should tell you we're not that insignificant .

All radio call-in shows are headed in this direction (pre-screening, etc)... Especially the Lib ones, cuz the producers don't want the poor snowflake twit host/boss getting riled up, irritated, into a battle of wits (that the host frequently loses, mind you) etc..Even sports radio now. Sportshub 98.5 for example.. Depending on what time of day /which program you're calling, Sportshub producers will screen/grill/pre-qualify you for a minute or two, then "allow you" to take part in the on air discussion where you frequently get LESS time to make your point than you spent during the screening process.

One exception: virtually every time I'd ever called the Howie Carr show they just ask your first name and that's it.. they let you fly.. (probably cuz they know Howie is a radio "street fighter" and is very good at shooting you down/kicking your a*s if necessary.

NPR needs to be dismantled. The .gov subsidizes this crap and then they have the nerve come begging for more money several times a year to air their leftist elitist crap. Oh, they'll air a Grateful Dead concert during pledge week to show how hip, cool, and relevant they (think they) are and you can get the video for a $100.00 donation. The news is the worst-- with their correspondents and their phony British accents and Quaalude-like droning on and on about useless topics that no one gives a crap about (except other Moonbats, of course). What a waste of taxpayer money.

Last edited:
NPR needs to be dismantled.

^THIS^
If it was a balanced news source, i.e. equal liberal as conservative news stories, i would feel differently. But their news is 100% biased as liberal. And they made no bones about vilifying Trump during the election.

You only fail if you give-up trying to get the message out, or stop communicating with people. How many of you would write to your local papers to complain about your lack of access to Healy? If you think you can debate her or her ilk, go for it. Sooner or later, someone will get airtime. I wouldn't lead with hot tempers and emotional arguments, however.

I am going to spell it out for you: She has the majority votes in this ****ing state. Cry or yell all you want, your neighbours most likely don't like your guns.

Maura Healy was on NPR the other day. I was listening to it and it was amazing. Every single caller showered her with admiration. One caller asked her if Massachusetts could secede from the union. Another called her a saint. The assault weapon situation didn't come up but my feeling is that all of these people would be 100% supportive. She can do no wrong.

My take away from listening to it was that there is nearly zero chance that we'll get anywhere with the AWB litigation. They love her.

I know it was NPR but this is how >60% of Mass residents feel. We are screwed.

Progressives have a history of spitting on the popular vote any time it suits them.
Why should we be any different?

Everyone who thinks that we have any chance of winning back any gun rights are kidding themselves. Reilly took the Glocks away with those stupid lists and Maura took away all the AR-15's with the swipe of a pen. They can really do anything they want and get away with it.

Look at the Pot vote. It passed. They're doing everything they can to stop it. Now sale is delayed until July 2018 and towns have the right to deny sales in their town. Marty, Maura and Charlie know what's best, not the voters.

Are you surprised? It's NPR... 100% controlled. They pick and choose callers and topics. Nothing right of marx gets on that shitty fake news propaganda mill.

Back
Top Bottom