• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maura on NPR

You only fail if you give-up trying to get the message out, or stop communicating with people. How many of you would write to your local papers to complain about your lack of access to Healy? If you think you can debate her or her ilk, go for it. Sooner or later, someone will get airtime. I wouldn't lead with hot tempers and emotional arguments, however.

You seem to forget all the times people have made thoughtful statements or in-depth interviews on our side and have had the tape or transcript of statements edited to 180 degrees of what actually occurred. All the gun owners in the state could donate a kidney to dying orphans and the headline the next day would be, "GUN NUTS SET SIGHTS ON DYING ORPHANS' ORGANS". Meanwhile Maura could literally club a baby seal in front of a kindergarten class and the media would find some way of pitching that as wonderful.

You seem to forget all the times people have made thoughtful statements or in-depth interviews on our side and have had the tape or transcript of statements edited to 180 degrees of what actually occurred. All the gun owners in the state could donate a kidney to dying orphans and the headline the next day would be, "GUN NUTS SET SIGHTS ON DYING ORPHANS' ORGANS". Meanwhile Maura could literally club a baby seal in front of a kindergarten class and the media would find some way of pitching that as wonderful.

Surrender is not an option. If the only place you express yourself is NES, or other like-minded bubbles, you're not accomplishing anything.

The only way to fight is in the courts and by taking others to the range to change their perception of and create an interest in shooting.

Most antigun politicians are boastfully proud of their ignorance of firearms. Work on making that ignorance a public embarrassment.

Problem being, of course, that anyone who listens to NPR and/or blow dries the nails on Maura's freshly painted tootsies, etc, sure as hell ain't reading even one full paragraph of a Howie Carr column... today or EVER.

Just sayin'

I listen to NPR on my way to work. I used to read the Glob (when I could read it free, of course), as it would 1) give me intel on the commies,and 2) it angries up the blood, so I don't need coffee.[laugh]

I use NPR for that, now. It's a win-win.

When they start begging, I change the station.

Back
Top Bottom