• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Matt Gaetz urges colleagues to abolish the ATF before it strips Americans of gun rights: 'Cannot be trusted'

Reptile

NES Member

Rep. Gaetz called the ATF an 'unlawful agency' and urged his colleagues to help eliminate it 'once and for all'​

Rep. Matt Gaetz is calling on his colleagues to support a bill that would abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), a law enforcement agency that operates under the Department of Justice, after its latest guidance that restricts the ownership of gun components.

During a speech on the floor of the House chamber Wednesday, Gaetz, a Republican from Florida, said the bureau "cannot be trusted" and that it was ultimately seeking to strip Americans of their Second Amendment right to privately own firearms.

"The ATF cannot be trusted to protect our right to keep and bear arms," Gaetz said. "There is no timeline where the ATF, under any administration, would become an ally [to gun owners]. It needs to go, we need to abolish the ATF before they abolish our Second Amendment rights."

Continues...

Gaetz is just the latest Republican darling of the party. He'll flap his mouth (like all politicians do) for a while then fade into obscurity.

See Trey Gowdy and Devon Nunez for more information.

Jesus people, politicians lie! Every single one of them do!

Gotta start somewhere.
no one in GOP wants to de-weaponize any of the 3 letter entities, they just want to turn them against dems.
but the concept is not going anywhere.

and ATF is way less dangerous than the DOJ is now, anyway. or DHS. or... anyway, the list is long.

I keep waiting for them to do something about Alcohol or Tobacco.

They should just re-name it the "F" based on what they actually do.
There's a whole show about moonshiners in which 0 of them have been arrested for moonshining.. I'm no law enforcement expert

But people on tv doing illegal shit should be an easy bust

I know the show is staged but you still cant make half of it

you mean like the past time? Oh wait....they didn't do shit the last time did they? Or the time before that!
Ya. Just like when we owned the mother f***ers and they sat on their old low hanging ball bags.

The best thing I heard this week was someone calling Lindsey “Flimsey”. There are many like him living in the green slime.

Back
Top Bottom