• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Matched Luftwaffe 1930 237 (Berlin-Lubecker) Mauser K98k

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
I just love the feel of shooting a matched piece; so much smoother than a parts gun.

I was going to the range to play with my Remington 03A3, but my package arrived a day early so I switched my range box from .30-06 to 8mm. This was my consolation prize for the defective ZF4 scope.

All matched 1939 Berlin-Lubecker K98, 2385-l, save the bayonet lug which is '88' but e/214. Rifle came with sling and replacement unmarked action screws, but the originals were included. The front action screw has lost half of its head, but I will have that repaired with one of my spares. The capture screws were unmarked, but I found a pair of e/214s on eBay. I also added an unmarked cleaning rod.

So one incorrect part and a beautiful shooter; 100 yards, seated, windy, sunny, 20 rounds of '92 M75 Yugo surplus. Rifle functioned flawlessly. I tried my first shot at 6:00 low hold and missed. Then the hell with it, I compensated a little low as I always do with a K98 and its 150M battle sight. Fun!

T

I just love the feel of shooting a matched piece; so much smoother than a parts gun.

I was going to the range to play with my Remington 03A3, but my package arrived a day early so I switched my range box from .30-06 to 8mm. This was my consolation prize for the defective ZF4 scope.

All matched 1939 Berlin-Lubecker K98, 2385-l, save the bayonet lug which is '88' but e/214. Rifle came with sling and replacement unmarked action screws, but the originals were included. The front action screw has lost half of its head, but I will have that repaired with one of my spares. The capture screws were unmarked, but I found a pair of e/214s on eBay. I also added an unmarked cleaning rod.

So one incorrect part and a beautiful shooter; 100 yards, seated, windy, sunny, 20 rounds of '92 M75 Yugo surplus. Rifle functioned flawlessly. I tried my first shot at 6:00 low hold and missed. Then the hell with it, I compensated a little low as I always do with a K98 and its 150M battle sight. Fun!

T

That is a beautiful rifle you have there majspud.

Back
Top Bottom