Match Videos

I finally got around to editing my recordings from this weekend. Saturday was Aiming for Zero charity match at Pioneer in NH, I'm still not sure why but they threw out 3 of the 8 stages. Of coarse those were my best stages, I felt I would have won overall if all stages were counted for score. Sunday was USPSA at Marshfield.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGe0QjLhM5Y

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE93orXTi6U

Very nice!
Kinda jealous of your gun. I’ve never had or even shot a decent race gun like that.

I finally got around to editing my recordings from this weekend. Saturday was Aiming for Zero charity match at Pioneer in NH, I'm still not sure why but they threw out 3 of the 8 stages. Of coarse those were my best stages, I felt I would have won overall if all stages were counted for score. Sunday was USPSA at Marshfield.

Who made your space blaster? And no thumb rest?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGe0QjLhM5Y

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE93orXTi6U

It’s stupid they threw out stages, and if not for a certain person who I won’t name but you may be able to figure out, they probably wouldn’t have been. Well one for sure that was wouldn’t have.

They threw out house because apparently there was a discrepancy between the placement of the far left no shoot from Saturday to Sunday. They tossed out the last stage because they apparently messed up the target placements on the swinger again between Saturday and Sunday.

The stage that had no good reason to be tossed other than a certain person complaining was the one that had both the turtle targets and regular USPSA targets so that multigunners could have different targets for rifle and pistol. This technical violation of USPSA pistol stage rules (despite it being a level one match with no classifiers or anything) got it tossed.

Who made your space blaster? And no thumb rest?
A local hobbyist gunsmith who also shoots all the local matches. Thumb rests create bad habits.
It’s stupid they threw out stages, and if not for a certain person who I won’t name but you may be able to figure out, they probably wouldn’t have been. Well one for sure that was wouldn’t have.

They threw out house because apparently there was a discrepancy between the placement of the far left no shoot from Saturday to Sunday. They tossed out the last stage because they apparently messed up the target placements on the swinger again between Saturday and Sunday.

The stage that had no good reason to be tossed other than a certain person complaining was the one that had both the turtle targets and regular USPSA targets so that multigunners could have different targets for rifle and pistol. This technical violation of USPSA pistol stage rules (despite it being a level one match with no classifiers or anything) got it tossed.

Yeah, so he picked that rule to throw out a stage (different target types) but not the fact that just about every stage had more than 8 scoring hits required from one place/view (IMO a rule that should be followed strictly, but is sometimes ignored at locals) If I were shooting production/SS I would have been pissed about the 7-10 standing reloads that this match would have required.

Next time you're planning on heading there let me know. It would be cool to hand out again and reminisce about Excruciathlon. ;)
I shot at Marshfield once, a few years ago.
I will let you know.

Marshfield did a great job, their stages were fun. They dont have a lot of space but do a great job.

FYI ... I will be at Granby on the first Sunday of October. I got my first DQ at Granby, lol. The stages at Granby 2 weeks ago were a lot of fun.

And I would love to compete at Hopkinton, but no one can ever tell me when they post it on Practiscore. By the time I find out it is full. I'm not sure why they don't post a month in advance like the NH and ME clubs do it.

What was the infraction? I have yet to get DQ'd anywhere. Hopefully it will never happen. I imagine it's embarrassing. ;)
180. I didnt even question it. It was a stage set up like an inverted "T". And we started near the top, so we shot those targets, ran back and shot the targets on the sides. I decided to reload while running back. When I grabbed my ammo I also moved my right arm just past my waist (gun was always pointing down and slightlyback, never at people), and I was stopped. Good eyes by the RO, I was focused on the stage and didnt even notice. Last stage too. Oh well.

I wasnt embarrassed. I would have been if I was pointing the gun at people. Or if I dropped the gun.

Hey at least you got to shoot the whole match.

Looking forward to Walls of Steel in a few weeks.
I think this is from Fall Walls last year. Yeah I know, slingshot reloads are slow as hell compared to using the slide stop but I've found in both my 9mm 1911's, I get FTF's fairly often if I use the stop. Pretty much never if I hand-over-slide slingshot it. A few of my .45 1911's do the same, but not the one I usually use in IDPA. Still, I never use the slide stop to reload. I'm sure I've lost minutes because of it over the years.

View: https://youtu.be/8Du3DlCQVEE

A local hobbyist gunsmith who also shoots all the local matches. Thumb rests create bad habits.

Yeah, so he picked that rule to throw out a stage (different target types) but not the fact that just about every stage had more than 8 scoring hits required from one place/view (IMO a rule that should be followed strictly, but is sometimes ignored at locals) If I were shooting production/SS I would have been pissed about the 7-10 standing reloads that this match would have required.

I have a CZ TSO and a Shadow 2.

The TSO came with a thumb rest. I like it, but I’m more accurate with the shadow 2. I’d actually blame it on the thumb rest.

At some point I’ll prob remove it and add a RMR mount in its place but holding off on shooting due to ammo.

Next time you're planning on heading there let me know. It would be cool to hand out again and reminisce about Excruciathlon. ;)
I shot at Marshfield once, a few years ago.
If you were there prior to June of 2018 you need to come back. The pits have been upgraded and expanded.

It's difficult when a club supports both IDPA and USPSA. The commands are similar but not identical.

Mixed match types is no excuse for issuing range commands that are just plain wrong.
I find it interesting that they are getting the IDPA commands correct, but they don’t seem to be able to get USPSA commands right. Makes me wonder what else they are not getting right.

If he said something like that to me, I might have responded with something like "how about you learn the correct range commands, and stick to just saying those"
Interestingly enough since the person taking the first person video was the RO for the squad I guess the options are (1) have the backup RO be an IDPA SO who may not know the correct commands or (2) don't bother having a match at all.

tht
Mixed match types is no excuse for issuing range commands that are just plain wrong.
I find it interesting that they are getting the IDPA commands correct, but they don’t seem to be able to get USPSA commands right. Makes me wonder what else they are not getting right.
As long as they get the classifier correct what's the difference? As I said in the previous post if you do not have enough RO's to staff a match but can backfill with IDPA SO's I'd rather see the match held. But that's just me I guess.

USPSA does not require certified range officers at level one matches. They do however require the correct range commands to be given to all shooters at any level match.

Print the commands on an index card, attach that to the shot timer. Read from index card. It's as simple as that.

I have only shot in 2 matches at Marshfield. Other than range commands, I have not witnessed any other issues. The stages are good, they seem to pull diagrams from major match books and set them up to fit their bays.

Back
Top Bottom