• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Match Videos

I live in Marshfield. Been itching to join MRGC, but between Covid and their membership rolls being closed last year, haven't even bothered to try.

I gotta find a sponsor out here. :)

"visibly outside the trigger guard" and "clearly outside the trigger guard"
this is how it is written in the rule book -for good reason.
You are risking an AD and then the following DQ, and also scaring the reputation of a club when that bullet hits a house outside of the range.

I have told you about the problem in your technique before in this thread. Don't say its just the camera angel, I watched you shoot that day, and the same thing can be seen from a bystander's view.

Work on your reloads in dryfire practice. Get your trigger finger up on the slide.
Your load on the classifier (off the clock, between strings) was the only clean one.

Attachments

• finger.jpg
    finger.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
"visibly outside the trigger guard" and "clearly outside the trigger guard"
this is how it is written in the rule book -for good reason.
You are risking an AD and then the following DQ, and also scaring the reputation of a club when that bullet hits a house outside of the range.

I have told you about the problem in your technique before in this thread. Don't say its just the camera angel, I watched you shoot that day, and the same thing can be seen from a bystander's view.

Work on your reloads in dryfire practice. Get your trigger finger up on the slide.
Your load on the classifier (off the clock, between strings) was the only clean one.

Funny, I don't remember asking for your advice....

...but now that you mention it, my reloads do suck and no, I obviously never practice them.

@SJan, you are a top shooter....and you obviously have better than average video skills...so where are your videos ? Share your awesomness with the rest of us here on NES.

As far as finger in trigger guard....100% bad camera angle....also the sun might have been in your eyes ;-)

...but now that you mention it, my reloads do suck and no, I obviously never practice them.

@SJan, you are a top shooter....and you obviously have better than average video skills...so where are your videos ? Share your awesomness with the rest of us here on NES.

As far as finger in trigger guard....100% bad camera angle....also the sun might have been in your eyes ;-)
Sean's videos are frequently posted. But the issue here is safety. To be dismissive and flippant about an obviously unsafe technique is not a good look. A bullet over the berm at Marshfield or any other club is all that it will take to ruin the club and shooting there for us all. We have to police our ranks as shooters or the courts will do it for us.

The previous video your finger looked well inside the trigger guard. This recent one, it seems better but still not clearly outside it. As Sean’s still’s show, there’s a clear and obvious difference on your finger placement when on the clock compared to the reload when off. This shows you indeed can and sometimes do have your finger well outside the guard but under time pressure have gotten complacent.

His post might have came off a bit rude, but whether he was trying to be rude or not, the point is valid. This is a safety concern that very well could lead to a DQ or worse, ND. Please take the criticism constructively and seriously.

1632010730566.png

I'm not trying to pile on but this is a bad habit that needs to be broken. They do sometimes have loaded table starts.

Back
Top Bottom