Match Trigger Trouble

Hi Folks, I bought a Bushmaster 2 stage trigger off a buddy that had never actually put it in anything. I brought it to my local shop to install & adjust because I really didn't have the time to mess with it. (Not my regular gunsmith).
Anyway it came back terrible, with no 1st stage, and I could flick the safety to the "on" position without the weapon charged.
So I tried to trouble shoot it myself, by backing out the pluger set screw, then tightening the plunger in about 2 turns. Then I retightened the set screw. I did get a 1 st stage and now the safety works correctly, but the first is chunky & rough. The break seems clean though. Do you think I should continue to perfect the adjustment now? Or fire it a hundred rounds or so to break it in before adjusting it any further??????
PS forgot to add I wasn't charged for the install so i couldn't complain too much.

If it were me, I would have a smith make it right. [wink] It wouldn't cost much either, and he can also set it to 4.5 lbs.

I'll see if I can find any documentation on mine. I haven't done a full adjustment on it since I got it installed from Bushmaster on my rifle.

I do use a dab of moly slide lube on the engaing surfaces which really helps with the feel. I've noticed when it gets a little dirty the first stage can be a little rough, making it difficult to feel the second stage.

CD

Call Bushmaster or look at their website for any instructions. They should be able to tell you what needs to be done if it is their product.

Back
Top Bottom