• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MassLive: AG Maura Healey to 'vigorously defend' Massachusetts copycat weapons ban

Reptile

NES Member
A gun rights group, along with individual gun owners and retailers, is challenging the state's 1998 assault weapon ban in federal court, arguing the law unconstitutionally infringes on the right to bear arms and improperly bans an entire class of weapons.

The lawsuit, filed Monday by a group of plaintiffs including the Gun Owners Action League, names as defendants Gov. Charlie Baker, Attorney General Maura Healey, Public Safety Secretary Daniel Bennett, the Massachusetts State Police and State Police Superintendent Col. Richard McKeon.

Healey said Tuesday she would "vigorously defend" the law in court and that her office has been successful defending against Second Amendment challenges in the past.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/in...a_healey_to_vigorously.html#incart_river_home

Healey said Tuesday she would "vigorously defend" the law in court and that her office has been successful defending against Second Amendment challenges in the past.

The NRA is now throwing in on this one. For the last several years I wouldn't give a dime to them because they've done nothing for us in MA. I donated to Comm2A and GOAL. Today, I paid NRA for a two year membership extension, only because I saw that they were involved in the lawsuit. You got my back... I got yours.

This state needs a good enema of all state offices. It's too bad all the libtards have their heads up their a$$ and have no clue what all this means. If I didn't have family here I would move to a free state in a heartbeat. There may be a move in the future to let me live in a state that lets me do what I want and not be dictated by professional politicians.

in addition to our donations, lets not forget about smile.amazon.com where a very tiny percentage of your purchases gets donated to Comm2A. Today only there are exclusive deals on Newell outdoor brands on amazon. Just picked up a new fishing rod/reel with some proceeds going to Comm2a

in addition to our donations, lets not forget about smile.amazon.com where a very tiny percentage of your purchases gets donated to Comm2A. Today only there are exclusive deals on Newell outdoor brands on amazon. Just picked up a new fishing rod/reel with some proceeds going to Comm2a

Comm2A get's a better deal from Amazon if you use this link to get there: shop.comm2a.org

Hopefully the "Hail Mary" that she threw last July in an effort to get a job in the Clinton administration marks the end of her political career, and we never hear from her again after 2018.

I love how our elected are using their appointed positions in govt. to fight against their own citizens rights to keep and bear arms!

God help them when we someday decide to infringe on their rights and throw them the F out of office!

They ask for rights for all while destroying the civil rights of those that are protected under the 2nd amendment!

Last edited:
This beast has and will continue to cost this state an ass load of cash. These political hacks and their agendas are sickening.

I hope she does defend it. I hope this goes all the way to the Supreme Court and all of this ban business gets thrown out with the rest of the trash.
Then the other non-free states can follow suit.
I hope she goes down as the person who went a step too far and caused the whole house of cards to crumble. I hope that is her legacy.
The revolution started in Massachusetts. Here's we go again! Go Comm-2A!

I just hope the we get the numbers needed to get the job done!

Support those fighting for your rights!

I hope she does defend it. I hope this goes all the way to the Supreme Court and all of this ban business gets thrown out with the rest of the trash.
I hope she goes down as the person who went a step too far and caused the whole house of cards to crumble. I hope that is her legacy.

+1

They already said they're filing one for California very soon

The NRA is now throwing in on this one. For the last several years I wouldn't give a dime to them because they've done nothing for us in MA. I donated to Comm2A and GOAL. Today, I paid NRA for a two year membership extension, only because I saw that they were involved in the lawsuit. You got my back... I got yours.

I did the same.

Well said.

I love how our elected are using their appointed positions in govt. to fight against their own citizens rights to keep and bear arms!

God help them when we someday decide to [strike=]infringe on their rights[/strike] exercise our right and duty and throw them the F out of office!

They ask for rights for all while destroying the civil rights of those that are protected under the 2nd amendment!

FIFY

I will be renewing my NRA membership again soon as well.
Hoping for some overtime soon so I can give to Comm2A as well.

This could be the perfect test case for the Trump admin. to grab on to as a first salvo against AWBs country wide.

She states the "legislature acted wisely" Someone remind when the legislature voted on her actions?

Nice try bitch.

"This has never been about grabbing guns from people," Healey said on WGBH Radio. "My actions have never been about taking away guns from people. I respect the Second Amendment"

Holy shit , I almost choked on my coffee.
That's exactly what it's been about Maura.
Not everyone is as gullible as the tards that voted for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said.
It might be exactly what happens.

Her wife is a Mass Appeals Court Judge and I would suspect anything that went to the Mass Appellate court / Mass SJC would be dead on arrival.

We may have a chance in federal court - maybe this, in conjunction with the scathing decision on the Catano case, will shine additional light on the absurdity that is Massachusetts.

Forget about Smile. If you go to Amazon via http://shop.comm2a.org Comm2a will receive a referral commission about 10x that of Smile - but you will not be told about it when you make your purchase. Comm2A gets a significant monthly cash flow from this Amazon royalty program.

--------------

As to the case - the MA AW law was the result of a careful and extensive negotiation between both sides. The AG's actions are an example of how the other side will never be content with a "deal" or "middle ground", but will do anything to take territory - or undermine a deal made by both sides in good faith.

I will be renewing my NRA membership again soon as well.
Hoping for some overtime soon so I can give to Comm2A as well.

+1

I will be doing the exact same thing. Donations to G.O.A.L. and Comm2A will be a common occurrence from me this year. The thing about Healy that irks me more than anything is that she keeps saying she wants these types of weapons "off the street". Umm someone needs to tell this she-devil that we're not gang bangers. We're law abiding citizens who passed background checks in order to acquire these modern sporting rifles.

This state needs a good enema of all state offices. It's too bad all the libtards have their heads up their a$$ and have no clue what all this means. If I didn't have family here I would move to a free state in a heartbeat. There may be a move in the future to let me live in a state that lets me do what I want and not be dictated by professional politicians.

Well NH is just a hop, skip and a jump away. We would be happy to have you and it's only about a maybe 1-2 hour trip (Depending where you are) to drive and visit family. Go for it.. join us in the United States of America.. you will love this country... I guarantee it!! LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!

"This has never been about grabbing guns from people," Healey said on WGBH Radio. "My actions have never been about taking away guns from people. I respect the Second Amendment"

Holy shit , I almost choked on my coffee.
That's exactly what it's been about Maura.
Not everyone is as gullible as the tards that voted for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well said.
It might be exactly what happens.

LIES! ALL LIES!
Ban semi-autos, Ban Glocks. Want a Springfield sorry can't have one. Lie'n Moera!

Typical Anti politician. "I support the Constitution" but the law abiding can't have access to the most popular arms in common use throughout the rest of the country.
Shall not be infringed apparently means nothing.

Hopefully the "Hail Mary" that she threw last July in an effort to get a job in the Clinton administration marks the end of her political career, and we never hear from her again after 2018.

I doubt she is going anywhere- except for Gov of DPRMA or Ed Markey's seat.

Back
Top Bottom