Massive spike in gun and ammunition sales

Knob Creek

NES Member
Well, here we go again.....

'Gun sales and FBI background checks on purchasers soared in May, which recorded the third-highest level of checks ever in the 22-year history of the federal system.

According to the FBI, there have already been more than 15 million background checks this year, used mostly for legal sales, putting the country on a pace to break last year’s all-time high of 28 million checks in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

May’s 3,091,455 background checks was the highest for any May recorded. March was the highest month on record, at 3,740,688'

'Massive spike' in gun and ammunition sales as FBI background checks break May record

Friend in Florida went out looking for a home defense shotgun. He's had a Remington 870 in the past and decided to grab one just in case.

He couldn't find one in stock. Something is going on...

Just heard on the radio going to get my lunch 50% of Americans are armed. Now I think that's a stretch and believe they meant to say there are now enough guns to arm 50% of the population.

zero, because there will be nothing left at this rate.

From what I have seen over the past several weeks, Ammo will be a far bigger problem than guns. It's not that hard to saturate the market with guns, because X # of people will only buy one, maybe two, then stop for a while. On the other hand, ammo to feed them all is a bigger issue logistically.

I mean think about it, with the exception of some kinds of guns here and there (like after Sandy Hook etc) there were always some kinds of guns to buy.

Ammo, not so much.

-Mike

Friend in Florida went out looking for a home defense shotgun. He's had a Remington 870 in the past and decided to grab one just in case.

He couldn't find one in stock. Something is going on...

home defense / tactical style shotguns have been low stock in the channels since the start of corona BS. If any shops have them wont take them much to get
cleaned out.

home defense / tactical style shotguns have been low stock in the channels since the start of corona BS. If any shops have them wont take them much to get
cleaned out.

Cheap shotguns, like under $500, are going crazy on Gunbroker for bids.

Are there seriously people that don't own a shotgun? I can't wrap my mind around that.
There are many people around the country who have in a closet grandpa's rusty JC Higgins singles or Mossberg pumps with the poly chokes or old revolvers that have no paper trail and are kept with no government permission slip. Probably millions. Jack.

Not sure if there is still as great a push on firearms as there was a couple months ago. The distributors seem to be getting a lot of items back in stock. Shotguns might be the outlier but overall there seems to be a good amount of movement in the supply chain. You also just need to look at Target Sports in regards to ammo. They seem to have most everything back in stock, but still at inflated prices. Now come Oct/Nov I think we'll see a good amount of movement again.

I can believe it......with all the rioting, looting going on across the country, guns &ammo will be in short supply.
I loaded up on ammo 9 weeks ago as the Covid 19 madness started, then I moved onto other things.
I bought a new truck . Good deals on cars currently and they ,like gun stores, will soon run out of inventory.

Just heard on the radio going to get my lunch 50% of Americans are armed. Now I think that's a stretch and believe they meant to say there are now enough guns to arm 50% of the population.
There are 393 million guns in the us. There's more than enough to arm 100% of the population.

The President did indicate he wasn't going to hesitate to mobilize the US military if needed, similar to when the Rodney King riots broke out after that trial. This is what the 2A was written for - the government coming for you and your belongings.

Are there seriously people that don't own a shotgun? I can't wrap my mind around that.
This. Times a million. It's the Swiss army knife of fire arms. In my humble opinion a shotgun should be a new gun owners first purchase.

There is a blm demonstration planned in my town on the 13th. At the local football stadium. It's 1/2 mile from my house. I'll be vigilant......and my choice will be a loaded shotgun for each member of my home.

Now I wish I bought a tactical shotty. I have a Benelli Nova and Remington 870 but the 870 is a slug gun and the Benelli is a turkey gun.
As long as the barrel is not rifled......just about any shotgun is good enough for home defense in a shit hits the fan situation.

Not sure if there is still as great a push on firearms as there was a couple months ago. The distributors seem to be getting a lot of items back in stock. Shotguns might be the outlier but overall there seems to be a good amount of movement in the supply chain. You also just need to look at Target Sports in regards to ammo. They seem to have most everything back in stock, but still at inflated prices. Now come Oct/Nov I think we'll see a good amount of movement again.

Yeah, but that was prior to this week. I expect sales this weekend to be "brisk".

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom