Massive power failure in Manhattan

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah but thank god there are no coal fired backup generators left...because...global warming

:)

Last edited:

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How long until the looting starts?
As soon as the sun goes down there will be "smash and grabs" throughout the city. Same happened in Boston during the blackout of 1965. National Guard was deployed with vehicle lights down the sidewalks in downtown where store windows were being smashed.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
According to Faux news, a building is considered to be one customer. They say hundreds of thousands is a more realistic estimate.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as the sun goes down there will be "smash and grabs" throughout the city. Same happened in Boston during the blackout of 1965. National Guard was deployed with vehicle lights down the sidewalks in downtown where store windows were being smashed.
This happened on my 5th birthday......I blew out my birthday cake candles and the power went out. Yes, I caused it....
Northeast blackout of 1965 - Wikipedia

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I would hate to be stuck in an elevator with a full bladder or worse.

Now 61,000 customers out of power.

Imagine being stuck in the subway in 90 degrees.

When I visit nyc, I carry backup power for my phone, a flashlight, medkit, snacks and water. Also toilet paper.

Besides the med kit, all else could come in handy tonight.

It’s the 42nd anniversary to the day of the big 1977 nyc blackout.

I’m going to look at google maps traffic. Should be unusual now.

Power should be back up at midnight.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This happened on my 5th birthday......I blew out my birthday cake candles and the power went out. Yes, I caused it....
Northeast blackout of 1965 - Wikipedia
I remember coming in from outside and walking into the kitchen. There was a wall clock opposite the doorway and it was automatic for me to look at it when entering the room. I looked, 5:20pm........then lights out.
There was a bright moon that night and even though all artificial lights were snuffed, the moon kept it fairly bright outside.
Thank God for Coleman lanterns and cook stoves!!!!

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This was one transformer. ONE. Can you imagine what a dedicated platoon or 2 of angry snackbars could do to the grid?

I can.

Prepare accordingly.
The media is covering every ridiculous detail of this like it was a GD meteor strike that killed thousands in NYC.

The. f***ing Lights. Went. Out.

Holy Christ, seriously? When the shit really hits the fan, they’re toast.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
It’s the 42nd anniversary to the day of the big 1977 nyc blackout.
I remember that one, I was 15 and attending a summer camp in CT at the time.
More than half the other campers were from NY, so that was the buzz topic for the day.
However, there was no big panic because farcebook and smartphones didn't exist yet.
That was also the Summer of Sam, so that was always on the minds of the New Yorkers too.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston had a major blackout in 2012. There wasn't any looting. My entire neighborhood was on generators for a good month or two while the grid was repaired.

Top Bottom