1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Massive lib protest at the MA state house tomorrow at 2 PM?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by EvilDragon, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

I find it ironic that when I was pissed when Obama was elected I was told by the media statements like "He's not my president" were Un-American if not outright racist.

2 people like this.
  2. DrBurnsides

DrBurnsides

Just be careful. Once they flip violent. Anything with a trump sticker is going to get tosses.

3. Coyote33

Coyote33

If they are not countered, the general public and politicians will give them their way (most likely our tax dollars). There needs to be some counter argument to theirs.

4. Carl in Ct

Carl in Ct

Sad collection of entitlement crybaby snowflakes, fat ugly lesbians and beta males that contribute nothing to society. If I'm Trump I'm saying, damn right I'm not your president, off to Mexico or Saudi Arabia with the lot of you.

Edit - Before anyone has a cow, it's a joke. I am not seriously suggesting we boot Americans out for expressing their twisted, uninformed, anti-American beliefs. If they get violent though they need to go to jail and pay (or make their parents pay) for the damage they caused.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. bigblue

bigblue

And then get deported?

1 person likes this.
  6. mibro

mibro NES Member

I liked the old system, where immigrants were compelled to integrate - i.e. learn English and become Americans.

A student protest of Trump's victory - spot the common factors:

[​IMG]

7. Picton

Picton NES Member

The counter argument? "It was a free and fair election. Sometimes your guy doesn't win; we've all been there. Suck it up and drive on." Then shrug and walk away.

Ignore the protests; they'll go away.

8. wking-cma

wking-cma NES Member

Answer to BigBlue, post #78 "When does electoral college vote":

December 19, then Congress ratifies Jan 6, 2017

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  9. new guy

new guy NES Member

A big festering pile of losers. Not a single cool kid in the bunch.

- - - Updated - - -

And even if the 20 or so electoral college people go off the reservation and change the result congress can smack it down, can't they?

10. bigblue

bigblue

I was reading about this. Even if the Electoral College goes off the rails, Congress can still tell them to FOAD. There literally is no way for Hitlery to become POTUS.

November 8, 2016—Election Day
    Registered voters cast their votes for President and Vice President. By doing so, they also help choose the electors who will represent their state in the Electoral College.
    Mid-November through December 19, 2016
    After the presidential election, the governor of your state prepares seven Certificates of Ascertainment. “As soon as practicable,” after the election results in your state are certified, the governor sends one of the Certificates of Ascertainment to the Archivist.
    Certificates of Ascertainment should be sent to the Archivist no later than the meeting of the electors in December. However, federal law sets no penalty for missing the deadline.
    The remaining six Certificates of Ascertainment are held for use at the meeting of the Electors in December.
    December 13, 2016
    States must make final decisions in any controversies over the appointment of their electors at least six days before the meeting of the Electors. This is so their electoral votes will be presumed valid when presented to Congress.
    Decisions by states’ courts are conclusive, if decided under laws enacted before Election Day.
    December 19, 2016
    The Electors meet in their state and vote for President and Vice President on separate ballots. The electors record their votes on six “Certificates of Vote,” which are paired with the six remaining Certificates of Ascertainment.
    The electors sign, seal, and certify six sets of electoral votes. A set of electoral votes consists of one Certificate of Ascertainment and one Certificate of Vote. These are distributed immediately as follows:

• one set to the President of the Senate (the Vice President) for the official count of the electoral votes in January;
    • two packages to the Secretary of State in the state where the electors met—one is an archival set that becomes part of the public record of the Secretary of State's office and the other is a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes;
    • two packages to the Archivist—one is an archival set that becomes part of the permanent collection at the National Archives and Records Administration and the other is a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes; and
    • one set to the presiding judge in the district where the Electors met—this is also a reserve set that is subject to the call of the President of the Senate to replace missing or incomplete electoral votes.
    December 28, 2016
    Electoral votes (the Certificates of Vote) must be received by the President of the Senate and the Archivist no later than nine days after the meeting of the electors. States face no legal penalty for failure to comply.
    If votes are lost or delayed, the Archivist may take extraordinary measures to retrieve duplicate originals.
    On or Before January 3, 2017
    The Archivist and/or representatives from the Office of the Federal Register meet with the Secretary of the Senate and the Clerk of the House in late December or early January. This is, in part, a ceremonial occasion. Informal meetings may take place earlier.
    January 6, 2017
    The Congress meets in joint session to count the electoral votes. Congress may pass a law to change this date.
    The Vice President, as President of the Senate, presides over the count and announces the results of the Electoral College vote. The President of the Senate then declares which persons, if any, have been elected President and Vice President of the United States.
    If a State submits conflicting sets of electoral votes to Congress, the two Houses acting concurrently may accept or reject the votes. If they do not concur, the votes of the electors certified by the Governor of the State on the Certificate of Ascertainment would be counted in Congress.
    If no Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment to the Constitution provides for the House of Representatives to decide the Presidential election. If necessary the House would elect the President by majority vote, choosing from the three candidates who received the greatest number of electoral votes. The vote would be taken by state, with each state having one vote.
    If no Vice Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment provides for the Senate to elect the Vice President. If necessary, the Senate would elect the Vice President by majority vote, choosing from the two candidates who received the greatest number of electoral votes. The vote would be taken by state, with each Senator having one vote.
    If any objections to the Electoral College vote are made, they must be submitted in writing and be signed by at least one member of the House and one Senator. If objections are presented, the House and Senate withdraw to their respective chambers to consider their merits under procedures set out in federal law.
    January 20, 2017 at Noon—Inauguration Day
    The President-elect takes the Oath of Office and becomes the President of the United States.

1 person likes this.
  11. endus

endus

To be fair, this was the mantra for anyone who opposed Bush as well. Our elections are pissing contests now, so any dissent is viewed as being a sore loser, rather than a civic duty.

12. Carl in Ct

Carl in Ct

+1

I was just reading that same thing, posted a little about it in the Trump thread.

13. endus

endus

14. Carl in Ct

Carl in Ct

You can tell how important it is to them. With a quick look I saw at least 3 people looking at cell phones instead of listening to the speaker. Freakin' retards.

15. Sparky123

Sparky123 NES Member

Unless these little puss*** are planning on starting a real revolution then their protest isn't worth squat. The very same government who ignored gun owners will ignore them also. And I don't think any of these retarded liberals or spoiled young people are willing to spill their blood for what they believe in, do you ? I wonder, if we took a survey how many people in that crowd of losers served their country or would be willing to sacrifice anything for someone else. Many of these pathetic young people have been sheltered by their dumb*** parents for way too long.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

If this is the case and thats the plan why on earth would giving him a reason be a good idea? No chance that this is just a bunch of sore losers who dont know how to conduct themselves?

I mean everyone I personally know who is opposed to Trump winning has no interest at all in election fairness or due process. And these are the same folks who point all this out to me when I say hang em high to the obviously guilty. Hypocrisy at is finest...

17. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

https://www.facebook.com/events/157527614713858/

https://www.facebook.com/events/201769866899540/

A few more upcoming 'protests' here...

https://www.facebook.com/events/118917358586213/

18. new guy

new guy NES Member

Nothing like getting several thousand windowlickers together for a brain storming session.

19. GaryO

GaryO NES Member

I see this as a bunch of kooks getting together but in reading one comment the woman came across as a caring person at least. Even though i don't agree with the protsts at least she wants to show common sense.

Julia AO Great comment! We should bring coffee and snacks for any homeless veterans on the Boston common! I hope this is peaceful. And I think anyone burning the flag or starting trouble should just not come or be asked to leave- it's a rally to show love and support to all- especially those marginalized people in this country.

20. kevin9

kevin9

I support their right to express their opinion, up to point their protest infringes on other peoples' rights. Impeding the free movement of others, destruction of public and private property, assault and battery are all examples of behavior that cross that line for which they should then suffer consequences. Grow up.
    p.s. We have the same right to speak our opinion of their ill-informed, ludicrous, illogical, hypocritical, childish, and offensive opinions, within the same bounds.
    p.p.s And thank a Vet today for defending those very rights being exercised!

1 person likes this.
  21. CMEBoston

CMEBoston NES Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  22. Chris

Chris NES Member

Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
    Things you won't see these protesters mentioning:

1) Blatant lies by the media.
    2) Illegal acts by Hillary and the DNC.
    3) Rigged polls
    4) Paid violence in their name.
    5) Media coverage inequality when it came to Hillary vs. Trump.
    6) Their own inability to objectively consume alternate media.

1 person likes this.
  23. crowconor

crowconor

Maybe we will get lucky and the protestors will get tear gassed.

1 person likes this.
  24. Carl in Ct

Carl in Ct

True. Here are things you will see from the protestors:

1. Drooling
    2. Taking selfies
    3. More drooling
    4. Blank stares
    5. Looking for Starbucks
    6. Wiping drool on sleeves
    7. Looking for Panera
    8. Shouting as if anyone cares
    9. Actually thinking anyone cares
    10. Getting the shit stomped out of them if they actually decide to protest outside of their liberal safe spaces
    11. Oh yeah, probably some more drooling

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly that horse is a racist, he's white after all. Also he is probably a misogynist and definitely has white horse privilege. Just awful.

25. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

Really tempted to get this made into a poster-sized sign and go down there. HE HE HE HE HE

I know, it's over the top and would be labeled anti-Semitic, so I won't do it, but man, can you imagine the butthurt? Would hit levels of butthurt never before thought possible.

#trolling

safespaceLOL.jpg

26. Carl in Ct

Carl in Ct

I find this so funny. The libtards think poeple are listening and concerned. No, we are just laughing our asses off at them and it's really, really enjoyable!

1 person likes this.
  27. mibro

mibro NES Member

Fire hoses would be more entertaining.

1 person likes this.
  28. Sparky123

Sparky123 NES Member

If there's any violence just cut loose with the water cannons and watch these spoiled children and welfare deadbeats run home to their mommies. LOL. [rofl]The only thing that scares me more than Hillary is knowing that these losers are the future of America. How sad.

29. new guy

new guy NES Member

I get why the protesters are out there doing what they do: They're stupid, confused, scared, they have no obligations getting in the way of their public tantrum, and they've been raised in a society that taught them that their feelings are really, really, really important. But what's the aim of the parties funding this shit? Why is Soros still fighting the fight? Is this supposed to be the new form of and venue for political discourse? Is the aim to get things whipped up to the point where there's something of a national crisis over it?

30. crowconor

crowconor

Bean bags?