• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massasoit Gun club

I am thinking of joining in Jan anyone belong to this club that can maybe tell me a little about it. I am going to attend the December meeting if I can Join not sure if I can just show up and attend the meeting to see how I like the place. I know you have to be voted in what is that process like.

John

Yes you can just show up. If you email them, they'll probably let you come early to "qualify"; they want to know that you can safely handle a firearm. More here: http://massasoitgunclubinc.com/. Click on "how to join" on the left.

I've been a member a little over a year and like it. These guys really want to encourage new shooters, so the guest policy is good. They have a rimfire pistol team, and they sponsor mini USPSA style shoots throughout the winter as an intro to the action shooting sports. There's a really nice upgraded range (for members only) in addition to the somewhat dated original range where guest can also shoot. I understand that the old range will be getting a significant upgrade in the not-to-distant future.

Only down-side for me is no outdoor and/or center fire rifle range. On the other hand there's no work requirement either.

PM if you have other qustions.

Yes you can just show up. If you email them, they'll probably let you come early to "qualify"; they want to know that you can safely handle a firearm. More here: http://massasoitgunclubinc.com/. Click on "how to join" on the left.

I've been a member a little over a year and like it. These guys really want to encourage new shooters, so the guest policy is good. They have a rimfire pistol team, and they sponsor mini USPSA style shoots throughout the winter as an intro to the action shooting sports. There's a really nice upgraded range (for members only) in addition to the somewhat dated original range where guest can also shoot. I understand that the old range will be getting a significant upgrade in the not-to-distant future.

Only down-side for me is no outdoor and/or center fire rifle range. On the other hand there's no work requirement either.

PM if you have other qustions.

Thanks for the info it sounds like a good place I live in EP so I will not have far to travelo

Stop by this Saturday 11/19/2011 between noon and five and check out the club. The Jr Rifle Team will be having it's annual "Turkey Shoot"

Stop by this Saturday 11/19/2011 between noon and five and check out the club. The Jr Rifle Team will be having it's annual "Turkey Shoot"

I will have to make it another time. Thanks so much for the invite to check out the club. I am off sunday if anyone will be around then if not I will try another time.

John

Back
Top Bottom