• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts State Police arrest police officer with Boston Police Department on drug charges

Wait wah? 710 officers in the BPD make more than $185k? Jesus I knew cops make bank these days but Jesus f***ing christ they make 200k a year? Sorry that's f***ed up. I know people that are responsible for 300 employee companies that make less than than $200k a year.
It's nothing new that cops make HUGE money from "hazardous" O/T pay. Hazardous being on watch for tree cutting, general road construction , making sure the school crossing guard is safe, and so on..

Wait wah? 710 officers in the BPD make more than $185k? Jesus I knew cops make bank these days but Jesus f***ing christ they make 200k a year? Sorry that's f***ed up. I know people that are responsible for 300 employee companies that make less than than $200k a year.
Cops in Boston, maybe, make that much. I don't come anywhere near that and OT is pretty much a wet dream (even though I get straight pay for OT). I get comp time at 1 for 1 per hour. I worked my first 10 hours of OT in 12 years last week.

Yeah I know em. Did tree work summers during college. 4 hour minimums.....some jobs we needed them for 10 minutes to drop one branch. Worked with a crew Forman that used to f*** with them.....cop would get ready to leave after we dropped the branch over the road and the foreman would say hold up......we may need you again in a bit to move the but log out into the street with the log loader. 3 and half hours later after the cop sat in his car the whole time he'd walk over and say "never mind we got got room to load it in the yard". Lol
We purchased our vacation/retirement home in Vero Beach, Florida. The road leading to our subdivision was under construction for a new Florida Power & Light electric company facility. It was staffed by contract engineers company flagmen. We did not see a single Vero Beach Police officer, a single Indian River County deputy sheriff or a single Florida Highway Patrol trooper working a paid detail. This took several months, all flag men and no problems. Shows how much power MA police unions really have!

We purchased our vacation/retirement home in Vero Beach, Florida. The road leading to our subdivision was under construction for a new Florida Power & Light electric company facility. It was staffed by contract engineers company flagmen. We did not see a single Vero Beach Police officer, a single Indian River County deputy sheriff or a single Florida Highway Patrol trooper working a paid detail. This took several months, all flag men and no problems. Shows how much power MA police unions really have!
Truth. Doesn't take a criminal justice degree and a police academy grad to hold a stop sign and stop traffic.

Nh I believe does not require a police officer for a traffic detail for road work either.

Have you been to the BPD headquarters?? It's the freggin Goldman Sachs building!

Cops in Boston, maybe, make that much. I don't come anywhere near that and OT is pretty much a wet dream (even though I get straight pay for OT). I get comp time at 1 for 1 per hour. I worked my first 10 hours of OT in 12 years last week.
You some OT? Join the D.O.C.
You'll get all you want and some you don't want. Its not unusual to get at least one or two shifts forced each week. Some guys are doing doubles every day.

Let's see where this one goes
This will probably be similar to State Police scandal, I’m sure there will be more departments that will find this activity going on. If they look deep enough

Let's see where this one goes
A former Boston police captain has been arrested on charges that he collected more than $12,000 in an overtime pay fraud scheme at the department’s evidence warehouse, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
So the state can't even police its own. They need the FEDS to police the police at the state level. Pathetic. They caught Medford PD as well. Massachusetts is so corrupt and pathetic.

I have an open detail at one of my locations. Been open for almost a year now and has been filled maybe 6 times.

About a month back a Supervisor from BPD came by asking where the detail officer was and said that this particular officer is notorious for not showing up to details but submitting slips for them.

Jeez I remember back when BPD had the monopoly on scalping tickets. The regular scalpers outside Fenway operated with impunity, but some dude trying to dump an extra ticket from his buddy that no showed would get hammered.
They still do.

Those Fenway details are shady and some of the deliberately least helpful officers anyone will ever encounter on the job.

They still do.

Those Fenway details are shady and some of the deliberately least helpful officers anyone will ever encounter on the job.
Yeah but the Fenway details are highly sought after. You get like $60 an hour to shmooze with the players, get autographs and watch the game from the field. That’s mainly why it’s old guys down there. Seniority.

Back
Top Bottom